Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Ethernet but no Wifi on BT Smart Hub 6

Any ideas please?

After about three months of installing my new Smart Hub 6, the colours changed a few times the other day and it looped for about 10 minutes (very pretty) but now, I can get ethernet but no wifi. All it says is "Secured No Internet"

I have restarted it several times. 😞

I have reset it to default. 😞

I have checked all three laptops and they work off a BT Hotspot I have elsewhere in the house 😞

I have considered hitting it with a sledge hammer at 10 to 3am this morning!!!!! 😞

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Ethernet but no Wifi on BT Smart Hub 6

@Rodweiller wrote:

I have checked all three laptops and they work off a BT Hotspot I have elsewhere in the house 😞

Do they give Internet access?

0 Ratings
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Full internet on the BT hotpot but no wifi from router. The hotpot works via Internet cable fro router to wall socket in lounge then socket hotpot on wifi with different password in bedroom. I do not want all my kids and friends on my bed with their laptops just to get wifi!!!! 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

It does sound like another faulty HH6 if its not transmitting any wireless signal, this seems to be a common problem.

0 Ratings
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks.

I could put the 5 back and return the 6?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@Rodweiller wrote:

Thanks.

I could put the 5 back and return the 6?

It would prove the fault.

Why did you bother with the HH6, as the HH5 is a better product in my opinion?

0 Ratings
Rodweiller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I only get about 28mb on average although when I put my landlines number in the website it said I could get up to 70mb so I upgraded in the hope it would help my speed. It didn't and then an engineer tested the line and stated I would only get about 30mb max due to the stability of the equipment so I could have just ordered the cheaper package and not buy the additional router 😵

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@Rodweiller wrote:

I only get about 28mb on average although when I put my landlines number in the website it said I could get up to 70mb so I upgraded in the hope it would help my speed. It didn't and then an engineer tested the line and stated I would only get about 30mb max due to the stability of the equipment so I could have just ordered the cheaper package and not buy the additional router 😵

That sounds a bit odd. What speed range did the website show for Range A, when you input your number?

0 Ratings
Brianl1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I have it the other way around, no ethernet for a week now, bt faults stated it was the hub . that was the end of story form the faults team sending out a recyled smart hub 6 of which only ocst £0.01 to fix

0 Ratings
DaveD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

>I could put the 5 back and return the 6?

Put the 5 back on for more reliable service - good luck in returning the 6, I have tried and failed frustratingly

0 Ratings