cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerzenplerter
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Ethernet speed is 6 times faster than wireless?

Go to solution

I have the hub mk.2, up untill recently wired and wireless speeds were very similar around 6 mbit.

Just lately wireless has dropped to 1mbit but ethernet is still 6 mbit.

I have changed the hubs channel a few times but it makes no difference. Is there a fault with my hub,if so are BT obliged to replace it for free? Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ethernet speed is 6 times faster than wireless?

Go to solution

wireless is normally lower than wired and less stable.  have you checked for interfernece that could be causing the wireless problem.  if you hub is faulty, and I'm not sure it is, then as long as you are still in contract then contact CS India and they will replace a faulty hub.. if your contract has expired then it is up to you to replace the router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gerzenplerter
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, I will try changing the channel again. I renewed my contract a few months ago. If I purchase the new Hub 3 will this be faster or will I just waste my money. Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
The home hub 3 will be the same wireless is always less reliable then a wired connection
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

if you renewed your contract then, assuming the terms are still the same as when I renewed mine recently, you HH2 warranty is extended for another year so if it is faulty again which I doubt you could get it replaced for free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I had similar problems with homehub 2 and was talked through a reset process.

Not just use the restart/refresh button at bottom right of the hub, but actually insert a small pin into the hole about half-way up on the right hand side of the hub.

This reset it to defaults and there was an immediate improvement.

NB - note the Admin Password and perhaps the Wireless key from the base of HH2 incase needed.

Will certainly need the Admin Password if you want to go to Hub Manager as you have to insert the default admin password then choose one of your own.

In terms of Hub3 - then elsewhere there has been some concensus that HH3 is an inferior product and can certainly say that I received one out of the blue some weeks ago and installed it with disastrous results in terms of speed and reliability.

I rapidly removed it and reinstated HH2

In general, if you can use an Ethernet cable I would consider it preferable.

Hope that is helpful.

0 Ratings