Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soon2bx
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Evening & Weekend calls changing?

Hi

Is it true that BT are changing the free Evening and weekend call period for 6pm-6am to 7pm to 7am?

When does this actually start?

If so are BT breaking their contract with people who have signed up when these were different and why can not people charge BT for the changes the same way BT rip people off to get out of contracts.

If you make most of your calls between 6 and 7pm, then this will make a big difference andf you should be able to cancel weven if you have time left? Anyone tried this and succeeded? I will be leaving BT due to the way they renew contracts without telling you, but chaging the terms and conditions are wrong!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Evening & Weekend calls changing?

yes - it's supposed to be from April

0 Ratings
soon2bx
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi

I have just found out that I should have received a letter from BT that, if replied to would have cancelled the evening & weekend calls contract. strange, this letter never arrived, just like the letter about auto renewing my contract. Anything that seems to benefit teh customer, never arrives!.

I have been in touch with BT 4 times over the past 6 weeks and NOT once has this been mentioned. Told today that the cancellation period has ended on 13/13/10, yet agin BT screw the customer every which way they can.

Why not send this via email and place a note on the website, can't do that people might see it and cancel it

BT can stick their contracts, BB and telephone where the sun don't shine

As Cartman would say "scew you guys i'm going elswhere"

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 4 of 9

I got an email on the 29th January about this: http://preview.ogilvyeurope.com/btemail/2039452/BTC/BT_Project_Mercury_Q4_10_Alt.html

No mention of the ability to cancel existing contracts, funnily enough!

Oliver.
0 Ratings
a_rad
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Where BT lead the rest are sure to follow - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=30696101&postcount=1

Half Man Half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves - Save 6
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 6 of 9

I wonder how many people cancelled their BT contracts in disgust and moved to TalkTalk. Smiley Very Happy

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
soon2bx
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

My Main problem is not that it is changing, but that they never sent a letter or any information and that the contract could be cancelled. Probably increasing anytime charge and want people to move. Yes talk talk are doing the same, but when you move you know that is what it will be and their anytime package is a lot cheaper anyway. When it gets right down to it, lack of joined up thinking by BT and all other suppliers causes more problems for customers than anything. Like car insurance always shop around when your contract is up and don't let apathy rule

0 Ratings
a_rad
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Not defending BT but even the BBC ran an item about it on Working Lunch back in February - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8508050.stm

"On Tuesday, BT stated that if a customer can show that they are "significantly disadvantaged" by the change, then they will be permitted to leave their contract even if it still has months left to run."

Half Man Half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves - Save 6
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

BT are supposed to inform you of any changes to the terms and conditions, and you have 10 days from when they inform you to cancel the service.

Look here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF... and sroll down to paragraphs 46 and 48.

If they failed to inform you of the changes, they can't claim you're too late.
0 Ratings