cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhyds
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Evening and weeknd packages and caller display

My BT contract is up in a few months. Currently I'm using the line rental saver option and have a 2 year old deal which is:

40GB broadband

Evening and weekend calls

Anytime calls add-on

and the £1.78 a month charge for caller display (after BT removed their BT privacy package)

Now, looking up the new packages I notice that evening and weekend calls are no longer offered, with weekend only and anytime the only options. Is this correct?

Also, is there any way of having the caller display option without having to pay £2 a month?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Evening and weeknd packages and caller display

Give customer options aring 0800 800 030. They have access to other packages/deals that are not on the website.
0 Ratings
brianmc
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

People already on Evenings and Weekends can often keep it by phoning up - even 0800 800150 will often work for this.

Anyone can have free Caller Display for 12 months by signing up for a new 12 month contract. 

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Evening & weekend calls is definitely listed as an option on BT's web site http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/landline/packages

These days, you get the weekend calls as standard, and can pay monthly for an upgrade if you want more.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 7

I have also noticed that the new packages don't seem to list evening and weekend calls. That we are on with Infinity 2.

Anytime calls would not be worth our while getting as some days during the week the landline is never used to make calls. 

I will look at the link. I got untill September/Ocotber before I need to start thinking about renewing packages. I would maybe like to bundle all my packages into one. As the now I got BT Infinity 2 plus evening and weekend calls in one package with £2.50 a month discount. Then I got BT TV entertainment on another package with some added bolt ons.

Darren

0 Ratings
brianmc
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Evenings and weekends calls are, AFAIR, now an extra £2/month for all NEW customers and are an extra.

Some customers still have "free evening and weekend calls" from a few years ago and I think this option runs out and needs renewed each year. It is usually possible to renew this option for free - but only if you already have it,

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

When considering renewal, be aware that BT have a nasty habit of hiking up the prices of obsolete bundles.  The Tarriff Guide has a bewildering array of obsolete tarriffs, all at different prices http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

A broadband package and a calls package may be a completely different price to a combined broadband and calls package.  Sometimes two apparently identical packages can have completely different prices, just because they have different names.

0 Ratings