cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velyks
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Evenings and weekend speed getting near unusable

So 6 months into my contract and things are starting to get a bit silly. I have a sync speed of about 14mb down and on an average day I get speeds anywhere between 12~13mbps which is fine, perfectly reasonable.

Ever since about 3 months ago my speed has been dropping like a brick some evenings and almost every weekend, straight down from ~12mbps to somewhere between 2 and 3mbps. This certainly isn't due to my own traffic as what I do doesn't have any effect on the speed.

Calls to BT helplines have been met with frustration, on 5 calls to them I've restarted my router/pc/pc-in-safemode/microwave/boiler to no avail (suprisingly), line tests have shown diddly squat, and escalations to level 2 have been met with an excuse that "well the speed is fine now" the following day.

Is this just your regular old contention? Why is this still an issue? My speed has been dipping below my 3mbps guaranteed speed, can I use this as justification of contract cancelation without early termination charge?

Diagnostic hoohaa:

18:35:49, 29 Dec.( 100.320000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
18:35:48, 29 Dec.( 99.310000) DSL line rate: 1080 Kbps upstream, 14392 Kbps downstream

Downspeed: 
3.12mbps

Upspeed: 0.88mbps
Ping: 33ms

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Evenings and weekend speed getting near unusable

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

congestion does happen from time to time on exchanges and is normally dealt with by BT Wholesale on a regular basis congestion is not a reason for cancellation
0 Ratings
Velyks
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Would congestion cause such a dramatic and consistent drop in speed though?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

yes if only happening at peak times which from your post it is
0 Ratings
Velyks
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Is there anything I can do about this?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If you can post the further diagnostics section of the further diagnostics  both on and off peak  we can then get the problem escalated to the forum mods who can  get involved

0 Ratings