Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1360
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Event Log

Go to solution

Hi,

Just been having a look at my HH3 event log and I've got a lot of these entries anybody know what they mean pls?

stats1.jpg

iechyd da

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Event Log

Go to solution

Yes, I've had some experience with these eventsSmiley Indifferent

Basically the host (ie Laptop) is connected by wifi to the BT hub3 at the given speed.

The Host MAC address refers to Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co., Ltd.

Hon Hai make a lot of devices and also made certain BT hub2's.....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It's the wireless connection. The top one is.

The beacon is a management frame broadcasted at regular intervals. Each beacon includes, among other information, the time interval to wait for the next beacon.

Ergo one time frame has been missed.

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Paul1360 wrote:

Hi,

Just been having a look at my HH3 event log and I've got a lot of these entries anybody know what they mean pls?

stats1.jpg

iechyd da

Hi there,

I'm with pippincp on this one. 🙂 What you're seeing in the first line of your log is the Home hub sending out a "polling packet" or beacon, which effectively manages the connection of devices to your WLAN (to use the simplest terms). 🙂

If you click this link, then you can see a slightly more in-depth post of mine that I made on this subject. 🙂

Moving on to the other entries in your log, these are simply notifications of connections to your WLAN by whichever machine has that specific MAC address. What I do find slightly strange is that the connection attempts are so frequent. It seems to me that your wireless client is having trouble maintaining a stable wireless connection to the Home Hub and I would suggest that you download either inssider (if you're on a PC) or istumbler (if you're on a Mac), which will allow you to see which other wireless networks are close by, that may be causing interference and you can then change to a less congested wireless channel, if need be. 🙂

I hope this info helps. 😄

Edited to correct grammar and typos. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Paul1360
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you all, I changed my wireless channel to 11 just as there was a lot around here who were on the same channel as I was, so will check later to see what my event log looks like. My laptop was not able to run at the speeds that the log shows??????????

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Changing channel has worked. Thanks all

iechyd da
0 Ratings