cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Ever degrading mobile signal.

I was with ee for a year and a half and had about 14 months of good 3G and 4G coverage in my house. I switched to BT about 3 weeks ago and the coverage in my house has degraded to a point of me not being able to make or receive a calls anymore.

Before I left ee they said that there was a fault in my area and it would be sorted soon but has only gotten worse.

Can anybody check to see if there is a fault and if they ever intend on fixing it.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Ever degrading mobile signal.

you need to check yoursel here  http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/network/4gee/network-status-checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the link but it says no known problems in my area but something is a miss.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

as Bt mobile use the EE network then if EE show everything ok then BT Mobile will be ok - just checked and BT Mobile show no network problems

do you have a neighbour or friend on EE who can check and see if their mobile signal is ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

My wife is still on ee and she has the same problems as me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

So it is not a bt mobile problem but an EE network problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

But as I'm a BT mobile customer its now also BTs problem.
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

I dont know what model of mobile you and your wife are suing.

Within the handsets functionlality there will be "Settings"; I would suggest you take out the sim cards for 30 minutes so any previous/redundant cahe is then lost.  Having thus re-inserted the sim card[s], from within "Setting" do a networl sweep and select BT Mobile [or if it does not appear EE] and selct tat as you preferred network.  Be aware of course, that other mobile providers [now] uise EE, Virgin, Orange and T-Mobile.  Make sure that the dwo devices have selected BT/EE as the preferred network.

Other than that, report it to BT, grit your teeth and I have to say I've been there with stories from my network provider of twigs on trees getting in the way of the mobile signal which was hard advice to take.

[To strengthen the case of your phone call, there are plenty of apps [e.g. on Android Kaibits available to check the signal you are receiving on your device[s]. You could provide BT mobile with a date/time stmap record of mobile signal dependant upon location, time, date etc which would alow them to check your location in mnore detail.

My problem with this, came.....and then wentSmiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the advice.

We're both using iPhone 6 and before I moved to BT I was getting the run around with ee. They had 2 masts close to me, one orange and one t mobile. They decommissioned the t mobile mast and the problems started from there. The signal checker for both BT and ee says I should get good indoor and outdoor 4g but struggle to get one bar with gprs and even outside my house calls drop about 50% of the time.

ee kept saying there was a fault one day and then closing it and then reopening it 24 hours later but I know for sure that there is a problem but trying to get it acknowledged is almost impossible

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to EE website, under help click on the network status link and pop in your nearest place name (not postcode). When the map load with lots of squares highlighted, click on where you live and then click on the map itself again. Use the + or - keyboard to zoom in and out and the arrow buttons to pan around. Defective masts will have a pin marker and colour.