cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc_
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Everyone's got Fibre, but no more space in cabinet for me!

Go to solution

I’ve tried to join Bt infinity, I’ve got a problem where all properties around me have a up to 100Mb fibre connection. When I’ve tried to join I do not come up on the lists that I have a fibre connection. 

After my failed attempts to join it was suggested to me that I contact Openreach. The only method of contact I found was by email, but received message back saying that they only deal with the providers.

I tried again to join first Sky then BT, where I got through to a connection supervisor who said that there was not any more room in the cabinet.

I asked them to contact Openreach, to which they said they couldn’t my only option was to register my interest in fibre and wait till I’m connected. Funny thing is I received a letter from BT offering infinity in February.

I could be waiting forever, anyone have any ideas how to speed this up?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
hippey
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Everyone's got Fibre, but no more space in cabinet for me!

Go to solution

Which exchange are you served by? Or can we have the first 3/4 digits of your post code.

If your talking about FTTP on the 100 service then I would be surprised if your 'cabinet' is full, normally FTTP is not serviced via cabinets, and so far I don't know of any area available on gereral release which is full. There are issues in newly cabled areas & some areas are still in trial.

When you say properties around you, have you seen the white 'splice box' outside the homes? Or the grey multibox in flats?

0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Had a similar problem in my area as the fibre manifold that your home connects to typically only serves 6-12 houses. Ours was full, however it did not stop the order from being place, Openreach just added an additional manifold using a spare fibre back to the splitter..

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jc_
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

My postcode is mk5 7bz.

I saw an openreach guy doing an installation in another street yesterday, i wondered what he was putting on the front of the house. i spoke to him and he said the infrastructures there and advised me to register my interest at www.superfast-openreach.co.uk

Is there any way of sorting this out or am i in for a long wait before I’m added to the availability list?

Could this be an error in the availability list?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

That postcode is showing 100% availability for FTTP but as dcullum has stated it could be that more capacity/an additional manifold is needed for your premises to receive service. You'd be best sending us your details so we can get this looked into - click into my profile and fill out our contact form (the link is in the "about me" section) and we'll see what can be done.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Do you have a phoneline at the moment?

I would try and order BT Infinity Option 3, the order should proceed & the first engineer should realise the problem and sort it fairly quickly. The manifolds are fairly easy to sort out and you are in a live area.

FTTP is a two stage install with external work done without an appointment and then the internal work being done about 14 days later, my install (over a year ago now) took 7 hours and the manifold was replaced due to it being fitted the wrong way round in the street. Most of the main faults with FTTP in the SMBA area have been resolved as it was one of the trial sites which is now live but like a lot of things some lineplant faults only get resolved when they are found!

0 Ratings
jc_
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

I've got a phone line not with bt though

Tried ordering online i can't get past the avalibility check

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
jc_
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

Dean the one of the forum moderators sorted this out for me, it turned out my problem was an openreach mapping error.

Ordered infinity.

Many thanks Dean

John

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Happy days 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings