cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott79
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: Exasperated BT Broadband Customer with no sign of resolution to broadband speed issues

Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to maintain a stable connection, I've been checking regularly and we did get to about a day and a half of uptime but the router dropped the connection at about 3am this morning. Speed still very slow.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

Re: Exasperated BT Broadband Customer with no sign of resolution to broadband speed issues

is there anything here that could be causing inreference 

interference causes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scott79
Beginner
Message 13 of 22

We haven't changed any of those appliances for a number of years, I also invested in a shielded cable to replace the cheap one supplied with the hub in the hope that would mitigate any potential interference. I am a total loss? Does the event log provide any pointers when the connection is lost?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

not really just how long connection has been 'up'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scott79
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

All I get from log is below, connection has just dropped again

14:10:40, 11 Aug. (273839.910000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

if you are connected direct to the test socket with a new filter and quiet line test is ok and connection still dropping then you need to phone customer services and get an engineer visit 

0 Ratings
Scott79
Beginner
Message 17 of 22

Ok and so the loop begins again.....
0 Ratings
Scott79
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

After being threatened with a £129 charge and a round with the call centre we have an engineer coming out to investigate on Friday morning on the basis the connection keeps dropping out thus not allowing the speed to 'settle' or recover.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

The warning about a possible charge is made by all providers as it is a standard charge raised by Openreach if problems are found on internal wiring or equipment connected to it as you problem is the same at the test socket then no charge should be raised
0 Ratings
Scott79
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

Ok thanks, it did worry me a bit we only have bt router connected direct to the test socket. I'll update the post once the engineer has visited
0 Ratings