cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waz101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Excellent Infinity installation

Hi Everyone, Just had a pretty much perfect Infinity installation. The BT contacter rang to ask if he could come early! and then managed to complete the install within 2 hours despite having to request 3 "Lift & Shifts" due to knackered ports in the street cabinet.

My sync speed is 20% higher than my estimate at 79mb down and 18mb up (estimate was 59mb down and 12mb up). The only problem seems to be from my powerline adapters at the minute, but as Belkin provide a lifetime guarantee they are being replaced free.

Only downside I can see up to now is the crippled modem BT supply.

7 REPLIES 7
SamFisher
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Excellent Infinity installation

Nice to see someone posting a positive story for a change I guess theres hope after all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Nice post Enjoy infinity it's nice to see positive posts 😉
0 Ratings
SamFisher
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

My install went without a hitch got connected within half an hour of him arriving. Got pretty much what they promised 74mb down and 18mb up. I'm really happy with their service good job BT.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Are you the person who has my missing 20Mb then? Smiley Frustrated

Seriously though glad someone has got better than expected, however it does prove what I've been saying all along that the estimations BT provide at point of sale are useless and they should be banned from giving out useless information to expectant customers! Still no one is going to argue when it's in their favour I guess Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
waz101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Still really solid after 5 days.

It turned out that the problems with the Powerline adapters was being caused by the Surge Guard in my Masterplug 6 gang socket

It was plugged in next to the master Powerline adapter, I've moved it to another socket now and my home network is back to full speed.

I'm really pleased so far.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 8

That's interesting.  Just to make absolutely sure I read you right ... When things were bad, the powerline wasn't plugged into the Surge protected socket, just plugged in next to it?  Is that the other half of a twin socket?  Was the actual serge part of the Masterplug 6 gang socket physically near the the powerline adaptor, or did you have the surge socket spread out away from the powerline adaptor.

I must go away and do some experiments. ...

Because of layout the only easy way for me to experiment was to move my powerline (Zyxel 500) from the other half of the socket to 10m extension lead.  I'm sure that is not an ideal setup for a powerline adaptor either.  Nevertheless, immediate significant improvement.  Old speeds around 80/50, new speeds around 90/80.   (Zyxel utility quoted speeds, not 'real' speeds)

0 Ratings
waz101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yes, I just had the surge protected extension bar plugged in next to the Powerline  in the other half of a double socket when it caused problems. Best option seems to be having the surge protector on a different socket and the Powerline alone in the mains socket,

0 Ratings