Did you mean: 
prm1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Exchange Activate Exchanges - information help needed

Go to solution

Hi,

hopefully someone will be able to offer some assistance

Our exchange in south west Scotland [Marrburn (WSMAB)] uses the 'exchange activate' technology which is limited to 512 kbps output from the exchange.  I believe this technology was introduced to almost 150 exchanges in Scotland around about 2005.  Since then a high percentage of these have now been upgraded.

My question is is there anywhere that anyone knows  that I can find some details of

1.     which exchanges are still 'exchange activate' type.

2.     which exchanges have been upgraded (and when if possible).

I have googled evrything I can think of to find a source of data,  the samknows website is of no use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Exchange Activate Exchanges - information help needed

Go to solution
All exchanges will be at least 21CN (ADSL2+) by the end of 2018. A number of which will actually skip ADSL2+ and go straight to FTTC/P.

I do not have specific details however. No one on this site will as it's BT Wholesale and Openreach information.

There's a scotlandsuperfast scheme you can get in touch with who may have more information on your specific area.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
prm1
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for this - I realise that you won't have exchange specific details, but is it possible that you could let me know where this 21CN 2018 date is documented please - it would be a great help.  A neighbour is meeting the local MSP (I can't attend) - and wants to be have as much information as possible at hand.

I am aware of the Scottish Government's "Digital Scotland - Reaching 100% Programme" which is currently in the Public consultation stage.  I've looked through the consultation document and will be astounded if it comes to anything for rural areas - but I live in hope!

Again many thanks for this

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I suggest emailing them to see if they have any more information.

See here - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/02/bt-update-uk-fttp-sogea-3db-21cn-wbc-broadband-plans.ht...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
King312
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings