Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart1982
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

'Exchange Only' line

Go to solution

my broandband come right from 'Exchange I khow i wont get Infinity at the moment but what about long team becuse Highlands and Islands Enterprise give open reach more moeny to get most of the Hightland and islands most areas updated  end of 2017 do that inc 'Exchanges line as well

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: 'Exchange Only' line

Go to solution

Hi stuart1982,

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach for ALL ISPs/CPs so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach.

properties with EO (Exchange Only) lines can't currently get FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) such as BT Infinity as your line isn't connected to a FTTC Dslam cab.

There are different stages to the development of the fibre infrastructure in the UK.

Customers with EO Lines currently will not be able to have fibre broadband as your line isn't connected to a cabinet, unless your area is FTTP enabled. In these instances Openreach plan to connect some areas that have EO lines with either FTTP or other fibre technologies in the future.

There have been some cases where Openreach have installed cabinets outside the exchange.

If you can get funding then you could try emailing Openreach via ngb@openreach.co.uk to see what they say. I would also contact your local authority to see if they have any BDUK/broadband scheme or NGA broadband support available to guide you on what to do as well as contacting your broadband funding body.

**The Commercial Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs. The BDUK fibre broadband schemes are managed by Openreach along with your local authority.BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
stuart1982
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

look like my 'Exchange Only line can work Fibre to the Cabinet becuse i now on the list for early next year so i am Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Openreach have always planned to enable EO lines for Infinity. Due to the extra work involved it was consigned to the final rollout phase.

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

May i ask what county you are in? As i would like to know where they have started to offer fiber on EO lines.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlands_and_Islands_Enterprise
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
pavvyben
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I would think Openreach should be moving your E/O line to a cabinet at some point in the future.  My line was originally E/O until very recently.

I live in a small market town in Rutland, with a line length of around 200m to the telephone exchange.  Openreach installed a brand new PCP cabinet and FTTC cabinet next to it, right outside the telephone exchange.  The whole process of moving the lines and activating fibre took around 8-10 weeks, but I had Infinity installed yesterday, and it's definitely worth the wait.

I now get 79mbit download and 19.1mbit upload!

4 months ago I thought I'd never see FTTC for my house.

PCP installed:

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5458/oafb.jpg

and then FTTC cab installed:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3323/37ph.jpg

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

As said earlier Openreach have always planned for EO lines to eventually be able to receive an FTTC product.

0 Ratings
stuart1982
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I just check sam khow brodand it have a date RFS date set : 01/03/2014 for my eo/ line to get updared but check bt whole sale check and bt site say cant get it it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

If it's not been upgraded yet then you won't be able to get it.  It will only show as available if and when it gets upgraded.

0 Ratings