Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STX1300man
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Exchange Upgrade - Broadband Degraded

@Roger65 wrote:

Cause of problem part of my line i.e. house to cabinet approx 40to 500 metres is aluminimum. No good for ADSL 2

That's not good news as our area is supplied over aluminium powder wrapped in PVC masquerading as a telephone cable Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

one of the changes I made was to fit a filtered faceplate but as you don't have any extensions then that would noy help you.  I also found that removing the wires in my master which were not in use helped

I don't know if you have seen this post which may help as it helped reduce my noise margin by moving router further from TV 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Roger65
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

I don't find your reply amusing. If you don't want help then don't post. 

PS if you have got aluminiumum cable as I have been here for 30 years BT will not change it so you are stuck.

0 Ratings
STX1300man
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

@Roger65 wrote:

I don't find your reply amusing. If you don't want help then don't post. 

I was just concurring with you that Aluminium cable is not what you want anywhere between you and the exchange. The reference to powder wrapped in PVC was about the fact a lot of the Aluminum cables have broken down over time and when removed/bent/opened the insides just crumble. 

0 Ratings