cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Exchange enabled, but can't find information on cabinet

Hi all,

I have been trying for months to find information on when my cabinet will be fibre enabled.

I tried all the links in the sticky at the top of this forum before posting this.

My exchange (Lisburn, Northern Ireland) has been fibre enabled for some time, and according to the nibroadband website (http://nibroadband.com/where-is-superfast), practically every cabinet in Lisburn except mine (Cabinet 70) is fibre enabled.

Noone seems to be able to provide me with any concrete information on a rollout plan for this cabinet.

I live in a relatively new development, however the cabinet also serves a number of existing streets in the surrounding area which have been there for years. My only thought is that when the Lisburn Cabinets were being enabled, ours was skipped due to not enough connected lines. However that is a guess, and i would think that now the housing development contains upwards of 100 new houses, plus all of the existing streets in the surrounding area that if this was the reason, then maybe the decision now needs revisited due to the increased number of connected lines.

Lisburn was one of the first parts of Northern Ireland to receive Fibre, and i live about 300metres from the City Centre...so it's not like i am 20 miles out in a rural area. This is an area surrounded by houses, businesses and shops.

Does anyone here have access to a cabinet rollout database and can provide some sort of concrete information on when this cabinet will be enabled?

Many thanks!

Mark

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Exchange enabled, but can't find information on cabinet

only openreach have cabinet rollout information  if you have run the checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and no mention of FTTC then you will just have to wait as cabinet not in current rollout plans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the quick reply imjolly.

Yeah i tried that link and no mention of FTTC or any cabinet data. Is there any way to get any further information from openreach as to when this cabinet may be considered?

Thanks,
Mark
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

you can try here http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

That was actually the first link i tried. A month or so ago when i last checked, it showed up as accepting orders, now when i enter my postcode i get a "?"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

I'm still no furhter along with this. Does anyone here have access to the BT Wholesale database and can check if/when Lisburn Cabinet 70 is due to get Fibre?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If its any consolation I am in exactly the same boat as you - but with Sevenoaks Exchange Cabinet 53.

The entire town is fibre enabled and has been for years - apart from my cabinet.  Apparently there was an issue with the council giving permission to build the fibre cabinet on council land which is now resolved.

But it seems impossible to get any details from Openreach on if/when Cabinet 53 will ever be enabled.  If anyone on this forum has access to anyone who might be able to give any info, or help get this cabinet on the rollout schedule, I'd appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

the cabinet would be installed only if all needed services are available but there is no known date all you can do is keep using the wholesale checker that will provide the most accurate information
0 Ratings