Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1chm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Exchange queries

Hi all

It seems my exchange/cabinet is now enabled for infinity.

Although the openreach when/where website still says Sept 14 (it did say June 14) and SamKnows still says 30/09/14, the BTW Checker says i can get it now when i put my landline number in, and the BT retail website says i can get inifinty now too. No other comparison sites say i have access to fiber though - so im guessing its -just- been switched on? BTW Postcode checker says unavailable though 😕

Now that im (hopefully) infinity enabled, is the exchange likely to be unbundled as well? Ive heard that can improve connection speeds further as other companies upgrade the equipment ?

BTW Checker says 55mb download on a clean line, otherwise 38mb download. Still a massive improvement from 6mb and should mean the missus can watch netflix whilst i play online games 😛

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Exchange queries

@r1chm wrote:

Hi all

It seems my exchange/cabinet is now enabled for infinity.

Although the openreach when/where website still says Sept 14 (it did say June 14) and SamKnows still says 30/09/14, the BTW Checker says i can get it now when i put my landline number in, and the BT retail website says i can get inifinty now too. No other comparison sites say i have access to fiber though - so im guessing its -just- been switched on? BTW Postcode checker says unavailable though 😕

Now that im (hopefully) infinity enabled, is the exchange likely to be unbundled as well? Ive heard that can improve connection speeds further as other companies upgrade the equipment ?

BTW Checker says 55mb download on a clean line, otherwise 38mb download. Still a massive improvement from 6mb and should mean the missus can watch netflix whilst i play online games 😛

Thanks

If our exchange is an example, BT infinity 2 was enabled/available on the 1st day of this month. We had no fibre optic previously.

Today, 17th July, the Openreach postcode checker shows as "accepting orders". It just appears to be a delay in updating information. Comparison sites were also showing availability from yesterday.

0 Ratings