cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 63

Exchange upgraded. Speed increase request.

Hi ive noticed that our exchange has been upgraded to 21cn and would like a speed increase please. i was told this would be done automatically but this isnt the case. Ive contacted the mods also.
0 Ratings
62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 63

Re: Exchange upgraded. Speed increase request.

you need to post you stats so mods can see your current connection - last stats were in February.

did you get an email from BT regarding the exchange upgrade and that your conenction is going to be upgraded?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 63

Just checked withj the bt speedtest and speedtest.net and various other speed checkers and its getting 7mbs max. Even though ther BT site says i can now get up to 20mb. Its still on adsl max. For the money i pay, id like it upgraded.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 63

did you get an email from BT about exchange upgrade?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 63

It should be done eventually, but don't count on it.  It takes time to migrate everybody across from the old DSLAMs to the new ones, so it doesn't all happen overnight.

If there is Infinity available in your area, then they may just be waiting until you get sufficiently fed up with the slow speeds that you decide to upgrade to Infinity.  BT seem very reluctant to do anything to improve ADSL speeds if you could switch to Infinity instead.

In my case, the only way I could get anything done was to contact the mods here (thanks, mods!).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 63

Yeah they say it takes long but I know otherwise from a good friend that works at BT. Ive contacted the mods on here as the customer service department just reads of a computer screen and never gets my problems sorted. The mods here are really good though 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 63

what has chnaged since you posted here in February?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 63

The exchange has changed. So id like my speed increased. been promised that speed since i signed up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 63

by the exchange has changed do you mean you are on a different exchange or the exchange has been upgraded since february?

just need to wait on mods contacting you - you may need to agree a new 12 month contract if you get upgraded now instead of waiting for the rollout

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 63

If you were promised the higher speed, and are in contract, then you should be higher up the queue.

Last time I was upgraded (about 3 years ago, before I moved house), it took several weeks.  But I was out of contract, which means I would have been at the back of the queue.

0 Ratings