Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Existing Customer Offers

Hi all,

I have been with BT for a lot of years now and have been very happy with my infinity unlimited service. I have been out of contract for ages and have seen recent adverts offering excellent deals for new customers but there never seems to be anything for existing customers. I have tried calling and have been told they can't do anything for me.

Is there any way existing cuctomers who are out of contract can deal with customer services to get a new deal...I am happy to enter into a new contract with them but it seems they don't want to retain people like me as there are never any offers!

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Existing Customer Offers

try the options team who will help you 0800800030 - they are uk based  make sure you know what other ISPs offer before calling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Updated my subscription infinity2 anytime calls for another 12 months. Once i placed it i was offered bt TV 93% OFF if i ordered it when updating. Can't cancel order so i can add offer. Can't add bt TV to order. Existing customers should be shown offers before updating not after.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Are there two levels of Customer Options Team?

I phoned twice on 0800 800 030 and was given a very underwhelming Infinity offer both times. I was told that was definitely the best the system would allow.

The third time I thought I would try the number listed for requesting MAC's. I wasn't requesting a MAC and you get through to the Customer Options Team anyway, but this time the person I talked to gave me a better offer. I asked why the inconsistency with what the others had told me and was told that some staff can view certain authorised offers on the system that others can't. I said I would delay the order to align it with my billing cycle.

The fourth call to make the order (trying the same MAC request number route) and I got through to a Customer Options Team advisor who was adamant that the offer I had been quoted didn't exist on their system. No problem, I told them the previous all powerful advisor had added lots of detailed notes to my account stating the offer. Whoops, no such notes can be found!! At this point I asked them to check with a manager who told them to pass me to the mainland (this was Belfast).

Fifth advisor (back on the mainland?) could see the full range of authorised offers and said they could place the order as offered no problem.

So there do seem to be different Customer Options Team advisors with different powers. Smiley LOL 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Interestingly enough, I have spoken to various staff this week and each occasion, no one would admit knowledge of the first offer I was quoted. I am now waiting for BT to listen to the telephone conversation to hear what the advisor offered me, not that it's anything fabulous. So I would say, yes there are different levels of options teams and a case of pot luck who you get.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Seemingly missing account notes seems to be a regular theme on these forums. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. One advisor spends 10 minutes adding notes and even reads them back to me. The next day the next advisor says there are no notes as far as they can see! I've been told by more than one advisor that the system often fails to store the notes when they click save. What sort of shoddy system are BT using? That seems like a pretty fundamental fault, unless of course they are just choosing not to see them.

Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Yes, happened to me too. Promised that Manager states what she promised is on my account. Went to take up the original offer, no notes on my file.

Either a bad system or the CS staff ignoring the notes, or both.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

From my experience there are definitely at least two levels. When I contacted the team the first person freely admitted that she could only offer what she saw on the system and said that hopefully someone higher up would contact me , by text/email, and that they would be able to offer any deals that she couldn't see - I had asked for and was given a MAC. I received the sorry you are leaving text with a phone number to ring and I got a lower quote than I was expecting based on what had been posted on the forum at that time - June. Interestingly I was told to ring the same number just prior to the new contract expiring to discuss what deals would be available then  ie avoiding the first level of the options team.