cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnbvcxz
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Existing customer can you sign up for this broadband deal?

Go to solution

My Aunt has rather a legacy setup. She gets her telephone line and calls from bt but her broadband from  plus.net separately. (Everyone used to do this, almost no one does now).

She has 9 months of line rental saver left.

She pays £7.74 for unlimited anytime plan calls and £2.50 for BT Answer 1571 with BT Call Protect.

Now if she goes to 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/affiliate-packages-broadband?

and clicks on the offer for adsl for £23.99 for 18 months what will happen?

It asks all sorts of questions about options she already has. What will happen to them and her prepaid line rental? Should she resign up for the options she already has to keep them?

Will she carry on exactly as she is now but with broadband added for just £5 a month. Or will it mess up her plan, or cancel her options for ever more?

Thanks for any help. This is beyond me, perhaps I should just trust the system will work out...

Thank again.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Existing customer can you sign up for this broadband deal?

Go to solution

you can try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see if they can help/clarify things for you  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Why doesn't she just leave her BB Only with PN? Exactly the same Unlimited "Up to 17 Meg" ADSL2+ package is available from PN **Edited by Mod**

I believe if she takes a new BB package with BT she will have to also start a new landline contract of the same duration.

Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

That plus.net price is only for "low cost areas" **Edited by Mod**so £5 a month to BT for unlimited would be a big saving.

We also like the idea of getting both her broadband and line rental in a bundle so its easier to move in future. Almost no one supports them separately any more... I would assume that to have bt broadband for 18 months your would have to have line rental from them for 18 months. The question would be what happens to her existing options and prepaid linerental.

Thanks for the thought though.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @mnbvcxz Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

When placing the order even if your aunt already has the service or option set up it should be ordered again as part of the order journey. The system will then pick up that they are already set up and therefore no change is required.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
mnbvcxz
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you John. That sounds hopefull.

Does that include ticking the box for a years line rental saver again even though I already have nine months of it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

You don't tick the LRS box but as your Aunt is an existing customer the system will pick that up and will default any package quoted to an upgrade/recontract variant and will not quote you the £23.99 as the prices quoted on your link are for new customers only.

0 Ratings
mnbvcxz
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@conrad wrote:

You don't tick the LRS box but as your Aunt is an existing customer the system will pick that up and will default any package quoted to an upgrade/recontract variant and will not quote you the £23.99 as the prices quoted on your link are for new customers only.

Conrad thankyou that was actually a brilliant suggestion in there. I was too timid at putting in her details before incase I accidentally signed/messed her up to something. But I took a chance and carried on and put in her phone number and postcode and then it said checking her details and suddenly said it knew she had line rental saver so she did not have to pay for that! So suddenly all the order form began to make sense. I stopped short of the checkout button. 

The good news is it still listed the price as £5 for broadband. I don't know if thats because the offer is for everyone or it may just be that while an existing bt telephone customer she is a new customer to broadband? I would not have high hopes for the cash reward card though, but its always worth trying :).

So sorry I really should have thought to try that before. Feeling much happier about it all now and hopefully will convince her to switch in the next two days before the offer ends. Even with the price rises big saving and unlimited.

Thank for all the thoughts. Got there in the end I think.

0 Ratings
mnbvcxz
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Just to follow up it all worked fine. We obviously have not yet received the cashback rewards but claiming them all worked fine so it looks very hopefull.

She now has bt broadband and all her existing services are still working including the answer machine service which was never mentioned but still survived ok.

So the moral seems to be that if you have line rental and even saver with BT but not broadband you can still sign up for the broadband promotions and get the discounted price and the rewards! 

Only odd thing was every time I put her details in to see what would happen it turned out she received an email from BT saying didn't she want to finish her order? Which I did not realise till later.

So I should just have been braver and gone further into the ordering process and the options then sorted themselves out and made sense.

Thanks. All rather a success I think.

0 Ratings