Did you mean: 
Nando33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Existing customer renew offer help please

Go to solution

Hello ,

Can somebody please help .

I'm trying to sort out my mother's BB & phone deal with BT .

She's been with BT for 2yrs which  has now come up for renewing her existing deal which was for about £30 pm for BB+LR

We signed in to her account on the BT site last week to do this as there was a "special" offer there for her to renew as she was a loyal customer . It was a slight increase of £32pm which she agreed to and then had the email back complete with the order tracking ref numner , but we had no further confirmation of this through to this week .

I got onto webchat about it on Monday  and they said they had no record of this existing order so i was put on to BT by phone .

I spoke to a lady there and was told she would renew the deal which i agreed to on my mums behalf ( my mum is elderly).

However when i went over the figures i immediately realised it was for more  £38.99 PM  for BB+LR .

I got back on to webchat to inform them and they said they would cancel this order and allow 48hrs for this to be cleared and then i should go back on to the BT website to her account and i would be able to go back to the original special loyalty offer for my mum as we had last week .

However - i have now signed in today and the "offer" has now gone up to £40.99 pm for BB +LR .

What's going on here , can anybody help clear this up - she's only on ordinary BB unlimited  not even on Fibre or superfast ?

Can't somebody just get us back the order we orinally accepted from last week ?

Please help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: Existing customer renew offer help please

Go to solution

Hi @Nando33 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with the contract renewal offer. Your best bet would be to contact our customer options team directly on 0800 800 030. They'll be able to check the best offer available and discuss that with your mum. Can you give that a go and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Nando33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello David ,

Thank you for your reply .

Yes i spoke to the customer team by phone and was given a new offer for 12mths  which  we have accepted . I was told it could take about 24hrs to show on the BT site where imy mum manages her account .

Hopefully  all is solved now but just one other thing  - my mums previous deal period just ended on the 29th May and so she was issued a much larger Bill  to pay . The  terms  of the new deal we have just agreed to is  for less than this  Bill  -

will that  be amended to reflect the new deal she's now  agreed to or will we have to pay this larger amount now and will she be given a rebate on her account  to come off  her next  quarterly Bill ?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Nando33,

If the bill was produced before the new deal was agreed then we would expect that that bill is paid and the difference will be amended (refunded) on her next bill. Is this something she is able to do?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Nando33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi DanielS ,

Thanks for your relply .

Yes fortunately she was  able to  pay the larger bill - hoping that she will get an amended  reduced amount to pay on her next quarterly bill .

Hopefully the issue has now been  fixed and this can be marked as solved .

Thanks for you help

Nando33

0 Ratings