cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 141 of 269

Re: price rises

I had the same issue macphee70 and it was because I was on the older contract which was subject to the price rise and they said the newer ones are not, so maybe this is the case for yours as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 142 of 269

Bearing in mind I signed up expecting free caller display and free 1571 will the new charges for this be a reason to leave?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 143 of 269

@normanmclean wrote:
Bearing in mind I signed up expecting free caller display and free 1571 will the new charges for this be a reason to leave?

Not if you can cancel those items without penalty.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 144 of 269

Not that I want a broadband price increase for everyone but why have some customers not seeing an increase in January 2014?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 145 of 269

I wondered that but don't have the will to look into why the online checker shows my BB to be unchanged.  So I'm just getting Caller Display (hitherto free, so the end of a bonus rather than the start of a charge) and a bit on Sky Sports (discounted by £5 anyway). I reckon all the fuss is just a rewrite of an old BT mantra - "It's good to balk."

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 146 of 269

My broadband is increasing by 56p/month and call-add on by 33p/month so 89p/month overall so not too bad. I have pre-registered for 12 months caller display for free and discontinuing Answer 1571.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 147 of 269

Re: Jan 2014 price rises are confusing re:1571

I've just reported this obscene hidden price rise to Watchdog, hopefully if enough people do likewise (as long as they spot the rise in the small print) then we will get some results. I'm disgusted by the extra charges and in particular by the way BT try and hide the fact by quoting "no change".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 148 of 269

the increases are not a secret and have been published in the press

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 149 of 269

I agree, they are hidden. BT provide a link for us to check how the changes affect us personally and then deny the increases when you ask to leave, so I can understand the frustration. This is definitely an issue Watchdog should take up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 150 of 269

Re: Existing customers' packages from 2014 not looking good

Watchdog should look into the decision to start charging for caller display and answer 1571 which have been free for years.
0 Ratings