Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 181 of 269

Re: Still no price increase notification

@jrawle wrote:

I still have not received notification of a price increase, neither by letter nor by e-mail. I usually receive notifications about my bills to my main e-mail address, I presume that's where an e-mail would go.

Are these notifications still being sent out, or does the fact I haven't received one mean my prices aren't increasing? I have Line Rental Saver, and when I used the online tool it said my Infinity 2 is increasing to £27.67. However, other people have used the tool but have subsequently been told there price isn't increasing when they phoned customer services.

If no other prices are changing, shouldn't I still receive a notification about the charge for Caller Display? If I'm staying with BT I'll definitely sign up to get this for free, but why no notification?

I was about to ask the same question.

I'm the same as you. Infinity 2 is showing as going up to £27.67 but I haven't had an email or letter to inform me yet. I do intend to leave if the increase is correct, just need the confirmation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 182 of 269

I haven't had notice yet either.  I was expecting to get it with the latest paper bill, but the bill's been and gone and no notice yet.

I've decided that it isn't worth the hassle for me of abruptly cancelling the contract.  My 12 month contracts for phone and broadband end early next year.  In the meantime, I'm making sure that all my on-line contacts are switched over from btinternet.com to free email addresses.

When my contract's up, I'll contact Customer Options again and tell them I want a bigger discount than last year to make up for their price increases.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 183 of 269

Had at least three different answers, the e mail does say ( in very small small print) that to avoid the charge for caller display you can pre register before the forth of  January. There does not seem a proper explanation if that will then last the length of your remaining contract or start a new one.

My e mail arrived whilst in a dispute about billing when they changed dates without proper notice and I had to cancel my DD.

This resulted in a bar to my service at home and if I had not been else where I would not have seen it.

You can also leave withou penalty within ten days of this notice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 184 of 269

written t&cs for new BT Privacy at Home and process to remain free

These last posts reinforce my previous one. I have been given 8 different sets of verbal instructions as to how to get free caller display after Jan 4th 14 and have no idea which if any is correct. Others have obviously had the same experience. If I phone or email or "chat" again, how will I know that the new instructions are any more authoratitive than previous ones?

We need the t&cs relating to the new system for BT Privacy at Home, and the process for continuing to get it free, in writing.

The page

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

has nothing about this. (The link on this page entitled "BT Privacy Policy" is about how BT themselves use your data not about BT Privacy at Home.)

Please could a moderator reply to this and point me to a written set of t&cs on this topic.

P.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 185 of 269

Re: BT spiteful - immediate disconnection

Morning all

Got my email today regarding price increases and have a couple of questions.

Been unhappy with my BT service since I joined in June 2013,numerous problems and would take too long to go into them.

When I signed up I went for the 12 month line rental upfront plus Unlimted broadband,could I cancel everything and leave with the price increases or does it only effect my line rental contract?

Would be happy if they cut me off ASAP as it's THE worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 186 of 269

Re: written t&cs for new BT Privacy at Home and process to remain free

petalouthi wrote:

We need the t&cs relating to the new system for BT Privacy at Home, and the process for continuing to get it free, in writing.

The page

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

has nothing about this. (The link on this page entitled "BT Privacy Policy" is about how BT themselves use your data not about BT Privacy at Home.)

Please could a moderator reply to this and point me to a written set of t&cs on this topic.

This is essentially a customer to customer forum, with moderators on hand to oversee it and provide advice when appropriate. It's not intended as a means of contacting BT but the mods might contribute to this or any other thread if they think it will help. I'm not qualified to give a comprehensive explanation of terms and conditions, always a legal minefield, but I'll have a go at putting this into context.

Caller Display is one of a number of Calling Features, some supplied monthly, some on a per use basis. They are covered in the T&C through inclusion in the Tariff Guide (see the link you posted). As such they are add-ons rather than an integral part of your contract, though that doesn't prevent BT offering any of them at a reduced price in exchange for a contractual commitment. This is what they are doing in respect of CD ordered with Privacy. The tariff cost of CD alone is £3.30; with Privacy it is currently free with no commitment; in January this will change to a discount of £1.55 (to £1.75), or free in exchange for a line rental commitment.

So it's really a contracting issue rather than something which will be covered specifically in the T&C. I can't speak for the ordering process, which has me a bit baffled too.

[This thread has become a bit of a hotchpotch; new contributors would do better to start their own rather than change the title of this one.]

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 187 of 269

Re: BT's 2013 Price Increases - Right to Cancel

The LRS itself is non-refundable but having it doesn't affect the escape provisions for other services. Don't forget your MAC!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 188 of 269

@pottyperson wrote:
[...] than an integral part of your contract, though that doesn't prevent BT offering any of them at a reduced price in exchange for a contractual commitment. This is what they are doing in respect of CD ordered with Privacy. The tariff cost of CD alone is £3.30; with Privacy it is currently free with no commitment; in January this will change to a discount of £1.55 (to £1.75), or free in exchange for a line rental commitment.

So it's really a contracting issue rather than something which will be covered specifically in the T&C. I can't speak for the ordering process, which has me a bit baffled too.

But the discount scheme that allows people to receive caller display free for a year needs explaining. Does it start a new 12 month contract, does it run for the lengh of your existing contract? Does it start as soon as you start up, or from January?

[This thread has become a bit of a hotchpotch; new contributors would do better to start their own rather than change the title of this one.]

I started a new thread for my question, but someone merged it (with its different title) into this one. Perhaps it's the mods not
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 189 of 269

Re: BT's 2013 Price Increases - Right to Cancel

Just clicked a link to see if my BB charges are increasing,they are staying the same,looks like i'm goosed or could I cancel because line rental must be taken to get BB,the two are linked?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 190 of 269

jrawle wrote:

I started a new thread for my question, but someone merged it (with its different title) into this one. Perhaps it's the mods not

Sorry if I spoke out of turn on that, it just that this thread is getting harder to follow than the ordering process for free Caller Display.Smiley Sad

--
0 Ratings