cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoogajoob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Explanation for sudden 2 YEAR delay in BT Infinity to my area?

I was assured for at least half of this year that BT Infinity was coming to my area (Herne Bay) on December 31st 2010. Seeing an unusual amout of BT vans around for the last two months, particularly near the exchange, I was confident that it would. I went to the website today to see if I could book my subscription in advance for the 31st switch on. I now see that my area is due for switch on in '2012'. That is up to two years and with no explanation whatsoever. We get absolutely nightmarish speeds here and I am so frustrated, disappointed and upset with this news that I really want an explanation.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Explanation for sudden 2 YEAR delay in BT Infinity to my area?

As is the nature of a rollout that involves planning applications as well as civil engineering works the dates are subject to change.

quote from this website reporting the rollout
http://staging.trefor.net/tech-pages/availability-checker/

Also the openzone document suggests 09/11 not 2012.
0 Ratings
googoogajoob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

On that website, if I put in my postcode it says:
'Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 24.9 to 26.7 Mbps and upstream line speed between 5.5 to 5.9 Mbps.'
If I put in my telephone number it removes this line from the list.

I can only go by the BT Infinity website and that was what it said when I go to the map. Where can I view this Openzone document?

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Sorry - forgot to add the link

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf

I get the same response as you using post code then phone number and most information suggests that we are not going to get FTTC until 09/11. I might drop the website a line.
0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Reply I got from the trefor website when I asked about the discrepancy between the result for postcode and phone number.

It is down to the bt database unfortunately - all I do is plug into that. They aren't particularly receptive To me pointing out mistakes to them as there are so many 🙂
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 6 of 7

this is speculation..
Someone at work who apparently knows who works quite high up in BT, said since virgin announced the 100Mb service BT had a sudden meeting to try and find out if it was possible to start getting fibre to the home, instead of to the cabinet only.
Maybe they will do it direct to your home in 2 years.

Again this is speculation (although I dont see BT competing without doing it).

I am back again to try lend a helping hand after being busy with so many things!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
alanchown
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

This is nonsense- BT announced plans to deliver 25% FTTP delivery to the 2/3rds of homes covered by NGA some time ago.
0 Ratings