cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Exporting address book contacts to Microsoft Excel

I tried to select my contacts and export them  but Excel couldn't read the file. I'm not sure the file even exported. I used to be able to save to a CSV file and then import it manually but I couldn't find any way of doing that. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Exporting address book contacts to Microsoft Excel

Is it MS Outlook or Outlook express, Live mail etc?

If you selected CSV as export your excel MIGHT complain a bit when opening but should open it just load it and dont click anything else as it thinks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. Ihe address book is from BTYahoo Mail which gives an option to export to Thunderbird which I eventually found how to do it buried in some BT help. I then used to file I'd exported to Thunderbird and saved it as a CSV file in Excel so I could do a print out. I never found a way of getting a CSV file from the BT yahoo mail site. Is it possible? Judith

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

im not sure as i dont mysel fuse BT Yahoo email. whats the file extension on the file it exports for thunderbird?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Jay27 wrote:

I tried to select my contacts and export them  but Excel couldn't read the file. I'm not sure the file even exported. I used to be able to save to a CSV file and then import it manually but I couldn't find any way of doing that. Any ideas please?

From the contacts list, select Tools (Mail Classic) or Actions (new webmail) then Export, which should give a variety of export options, including "Yahoo CSV".

This is a bog-standard comma delimited (.csv) text file. I don't use Excel, but it loads just fine into OpenOffice.org Spreadsheet.

0 Ratings