cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgeP54
Message 1 of 5

Extending Range of BTHOMEHUB in a Bungalow (Infinity)

My Hub is at one end of the Bungalow (office) and we need to extend the range to the other end.  I bought a Netgear WN3000RP Range Extender and it says to press the WPS button on the Router and the WPS button on the Extender.  Does anyone have any knowledge of these?  I have had the Extender all over the house with no pick-up at all.

I have an extremely low signal at the ned of the house which is really annoying whilst working on a laptop or mobile device.

Many thanks in anticipation

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extending Range of BTHOMEHUB in a Bungalow (Infinity)

Its possible that the range extender is not compatible with the home hub.

See Extending the range of the home hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Powerline adaptors my friend 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
GeorgeP54
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for information. Not sure if this is what I need. Have 2 laptops in two seperate rooms which would be ok when kids studying for Uni, but the iPhones and iPod needs full wireless and these are mainly used in the lounge and kitchen.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I have powerline adaptors that have a wireless access point at one end. Get full wireless coverage right through the house.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings