cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: Extending ringing time before voicemail activates

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

On my HTC Desire which is on BT Mobile, I can alter it on the call forwarding menu from 5 to 30 seconds.

That would seem to indicate that its a phone option.

Agreed. 

Also the case on Samsung Galaxy handsets I have / owned. A mixture of digits and # seems to do the trick to extend my ring time to 30 seconds.  The said mixture is probably handset specific.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
rickety
Contributor
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Just my luck that I have a Motorola. An excellent phone but the star hash sequence produces the same error message

and on my other Motorola. Motorola say BT can change this but BT admit it doesn't work and now several of you say that it does work!  Confusion.  I am awaiting a definite reply from BT. If they can't do it I will cancel my BT contract and switch to Three who are technically 'with it' and inspire more confidence.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

Thats a shame. Smiley Sad

It would be good for all of us to know the resolution of this issue [if one comes along] to settle it once for for all, at least with the current generation of available handsets.

Posting it up when/if it comes would satisfy a few of us I'm thinking.

------------------------------------------------

That said, although it wont be any consolation to you, if it is an operator and not a handset issue, not all operators offer the functionality that many handsets display as available, for eg 'call divert' to another handset on my operator, no names no pack drill has long been a bug bear of mine.

AQ.

0 Ratings
tango9090
Beginner
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

If you do this on your keypad... Stat61star your voicemail box number star key 11 star key 30 # send it'll give you 30 seconds until it goes to voicemail I've done it and it works.

hope this helps.

0 Ratings
tango9090
Beginner
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution
I've done this myself and it works.. *61*Voicemailbox number*11*30# send

This will delay your divert settings to 30 seconds
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

Great!  That'll be useful to many on here Smiley Happy

AQ.

0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

I had this problem on Vodafone (still on Vodafone) and it is to do with the Network. This is what I did to extend the ring time:

• Enter **61*121*11* on your Vodafone mobile
  • Choose the number of seconds you’d like your phone to ring for, followed by #
  • Press Call
  • A confirmation message will pop up on your screen with your new ring time 

For example, if you want to set your Vodafone mobile to ring for 25 seconds, you enter **61*121*11*25#, and press Call. When the message pops up, you’ll know it’s all done.

This might work on BT.

0 Ratings
James_UK
Beginner
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Hi, 

Signed up just to post this... been looking all day for the answer to changing my own BT Mobile divert to voice mail number of seconds, and like the others posting here, trying the standard answer of;

*61*1571*11*[required seconds]#

or

*61*1571*10*[required seconds]#

or even two asterisks at the start, simply gave "invalid data" or a similar error.

I'd read that rather than 1571 you need to use the "specific" 44-prefixed number that comes up when you check the divert when busy service is on, so I dialled;

*#67*11#

...and that returned a number starting 44... But despite trying this number instead of 1571, and reading all the posts I could find, I still couldn't get it to work.

Having sat thinking about it, I suddenly spotted on the virtual dialling pad the "+" plus symbol, just under the zero. I realised that I wasn't including the actual "+" symbol in the sequence, as in "+44..." rather than just "44..." I didn't think it could be that simple, but...... it worked for me! On my Blackberry OS10 device, I hold down the zero for a few seconds to select the "+".

So, my strings that work are;

Dial *#67*11# and press the green dial button, and make a note of the phone number that is returned.

Then, dial 

*61*[your +44 number, including the +]*11*[required seconds]# to set the time. I've tried 30 seconds and that does seem to work. If it doesn't, try substituting 11 for 10 as previously mentioned, perhaps?

Hope that helps someone coming to this thread in the next 50 years. 😉

Regards

James

Tags (1)
Lochlady
Beginner
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

James, you are a star! I changed from O2 to BT in June (part of a deal with my broadband) and ever since then I've been desperate to get my phone to ring more than 3 times before going to voicemail. I miss so many calls! I tried your string of numbers and symbols and it worked! Thank you VERY much!

0 Ratings
BikerDon
Contributor
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Thank you so much #James_UK, my phone going to VM after three rings has been soooo annoying, I have missed so many calls.

P.S. 10 worked but 11 did not

0 Ratings