cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Extension socket wiring in new build - how to connect?

@pepinternet wrote:

Thanks licquorice, I'll have a look tonight.

From memory they were all just one so I imagined them being connected like a spider with the master socket being the body and the extension sockets being the feet if that makes sense.

I've also got an infinity socket in the hall that is currently redundant because we don't have fibre optic in our area, assuming we get FO in the next 6 months or so is there any point getting an engineer to connect my regular phone line?  Or will I have to get it done all over again when I get infinity?

Sorry for so many questions

If you are talking about Infinity 1 or 2 which is FTTC, it will be delivered on your normal copper telephone cable. Are you sure the 'Infinity' socket isn't the master and Openreach have simply provided another standalone master socket rather than connecting to the 'Infinity' socket provided by the developer.

Check to see if the cables from the extensions have been wired to that socket.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

Does the 'Infinity'socket look like either of these?

ssfp_type_1.png

ssfp_type_2.png

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

Unless it is Fibre to home you will get fibre to cabinet (Infinity ) and that uses the normal copper line between your home and the local cabinet have you checked that socket and tried to get a dial tone
0 Ratings