cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tharris
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Extension socket with built in ADSL filter

Hi. I've got an existing extension socket box with a phone and adsl router connected via a microfilter. I'd like to tidy things up a bit by replacing the box with one which has a built in filter and a socket each for phone and adsl, but for some reason I can't find anyone selling one. It seems there are plenty of master socket faceplates available to do this, but I'm baffled at how difficult it's proving to find an extension box to do the same? Do they exist?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Extension socket with built in ADSL filter

if your router is connected to youe extension socket with a filter i assume the filtered master socket is not used for your broadband connection    not using the master socket may well reduce your conenction speed

filtered faceplates as far as I am aware are masters   you could always switch master to an extension and vice versa

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tharris
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

The master socket has only a telephone connected, via another plug in microfilter. The master socket is not in a suitable location for the router. The broadband speed is fine despite being via the extension. The extension socket needs replacing for cosmetic reasons anyway and I'd just like to take the opportunity to smarten things up further by having the filter built in, which I had expected five minutes on Amazon or Ebay would take care of. Seemingly not.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

so really the solution is as I said swap the master and extension and then use filtered faceplate on the new master (old extension socket)

some telephone engineer out of local paper as openreach would be expensive

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings