cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Extra TV channels on YouView?

There are 18 TV channels on the old Vision box like MTV, Comedy Central, Syfy, National Geographic, Fox etc. I think they are delivered live over the internet (IPTV) rather than over freeview (DTT). 

I want these channels but they aren't available yet on the YouView box. Will they ever come to the YouView box? Also what is the difference between the on demand stuff on the vision box and the vision player on the YouView box?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Extra TV channels on YouView?

The extra channels should be coming in the summer. The on demand player should be the same on both BT Vision and YouView.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

If you try signing up for BT Youview there is now a section saying 'Extra Channels - Coming Soon'.

Do you don't have long to wait.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Dont forget you need infinity to get the extra channels on Youview.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

@Colin_London wrote:
If you try signing up for BT Youview there is now a section saying 'Extra Channels - Coming Soon'.

Do you don't have long to wait.

noticed that myself other day when looking at the sports

i'm interested in seeing what the pricing will be, especially as you have to have the full tv package to get (based on the webpage information)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

This link should explain all you need to know. They are on trial with some YouView users at the moment.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/53061/bts-green-outlines-pay-tv-strategy/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Rather off topic, but I see from that article that "Alex Greene said BT was now able to target two of its three target groups of TV customers: Freeview upgraders and basic pay TV switchers.

"He said the imminent addition of its own sport channels will enable it to target high-spending pay TV customers for the first time. “Football has phenomenal power, and within football it’s the Premier League, and that’s what’s led to BT’s investment in the Premier League,” he said."

Now I am offended.  A week ago I switched to BT from Sky having been paying just under £100 a month for TV, phone and broadband which, in Mr. Green's view, makes me a "high-spending pay TV customer" I guess.

But it has only ever been about film for my family, not football.  I do resent this assumption that only football fans are willing to pay for a quality service of quality content.

(Rant over)

Arifax

Geoff
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

What's the chances of getting added to the trial .... I'm willing
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Oh well! I was hoping the 'BT Extra' channels might be launched along with BT Sport, but I guess not... Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

0 Ratings