Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Extra box subscription - Ultra HD Package a complete nightmare

Go to solution

Hello all,

I've been speaking to BTCare team on twitter about getting an Extra box subscription. They told me that I could get this subscription with my new Ultra HD box package and use the older youview box.

I have tried ordering it online - No luck.

BTs FAQ says if I have had both boxes supplied by them then I don't need to buy another one. The BT"Care" team told me on twitter that this was correct and gave me details on how to contact the correct team to add the subscription.

Fair enough, I thought.

I've been calling them for the past 3 days being redirected from Sales to Faults to Customer Options and then back to faults! With no luck.

I'm assuming now that BT do not allow an Extra Box subscription with the Ultra HD package due to the sport channel using so much bandwidth and haven't told ANYONE.

(I'm getting 60mbps download)

I only upgraded because I was paying more and getting less - but now I'm annoyed because I was never told anything about the Extra Boxes not working.. I most likely won't be ever using the UHD channel

Here is some of our chat:

bt 1.PNG

BT 2.PNG

Anyone know what the **** is up with BT? Surely they've told some of their staff about this..

Cheers,

Dave

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: Extra box subscription - Ultra HD Package a complete nightmare

Go to solution

Hi Dave1995,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll get this looked into further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Dave1995, if you follow this page through you will get to a choice of subscription only package.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-tv/#get-an-extra-box

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't work. It just says "Stay on my current subsciption" and goes to the end.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I have sent an email, thanks Neilo

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I had the extra box service and when the Sky Sports issue was finally solved and became available I tried to add that. I was told that I couldn't have the extra box and Sky Sports just one or the other (something to do with the Sky deal being a one screen service I recall) .......... so if you have Sky Sports that's probably why you can't get it ......... Also, I just did a search regarding this issue and the same answer comes up in a BT TV questions and answers page.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

We used to have sky sports but that was when BT Vision was needed for the service.

We cancelled it a month later and was offered a youview box.

I presume it has been removed, as we've had an extra box subscription before Ultra HD came out.

Thanks anyway

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
I've also just tried to add an extra box subscription, I have a new Ultra HD box and wanted to keep my old Youview+ one. One the order page it is adding a £44 install charge and will not let me remove it. I've spoken to the live chat who insist this is mandatory!

I've already connected the box via Ethernet to my home hub, why do I need to pay £44????
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I was offered to pay the £44 for the install charge, but I had a checkbox for self install (free).

I would call up BT and try to see if you can cancel it.

I have sent a complaint to BT, about the extra box subscription. I was told it would take 24/48 hours for a response, but haven't got anything back from them yet.

I also haven't had a response from the BT community support person, linked by NeilO

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Dave1995,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've checked our queue and we have your email. We'll be in touch when it reaches the top of the queue.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings