cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Extra camera for BT Smart baby monitor 6000

We have the BT smart baby monitor 6000 that connects to the smart controls app on our phones. We are expecting baby number two, and wanted to purchase an additional camera to link to the parent unit. Can we do this? The parent unit looks like it's set up to connect to 4 cameras. 

Thankyou.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Extra camera for BT Smart baby monitor 6000

Hi @biggles83 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, there is quite a long thread on the community discussing the various additional camera options to the parent unit, I'd recommend you take a look on this link.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi

That thread is for the non-smart camera, is there any additional cameras suitable for the smart baby monitor? That thread leads to discount comms company who state the 5000/6000 camera is not compatible with the smart monitor

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I’m also wanting the answer for this! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi

Did anyone ever get an answer to this? 
thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It can be done!! I bought an extra camera alone -but make sure it is the smart camera (has a purple rim), and somehow we linked it. You can either have it set up to flick from one picture/camera to another every 20 secs or so, or have picture inside picture. You can’t hear sound from both cameras at the same time. We have it flick from one to another most of the time. Works great. Really glad I persisted and took the risk in purchasing another camera!

Disclaimer here to say not everyone may be able to have the same set up as we have! I’m not guaranteeing it’ll work for all!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@biggles83 where did you buy the camera from? I’ve been looking online and can’t seem to find anywhere that just sell the camera? 

i had the set up with just the 6000 and it sounds as it if works the same as that, it’s just finding the camera that I’m finding difficult. 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Not sure if I'm allowed to say, but I found a 'smart' camera on a site that starts with e and rhymes with ray!

I contacted the chap, and he was super helpful. Think you have to check serial numbers on the back on your monitor to make sure its compatible.

Good Luck!

0 Ratings