cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Hi

I have fibre to the home installed and have happily watched Bt Sport on channels 58 and 59 up until today. I phoned BT fibre to the home team this morning and asked for Sky Sports 2 to be added for 1 month. No problem all sorted.

Later on today the Vision box performed a sortware update and now Bt Sport is on channels 507 & 508. If i go to these channels i get an error message VMC011 - broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing. I have reset the hub and vison box countless times, checked cables etc  to no avail. Our broadband is fine and working very fast i.e 45 MBps.

What is strange is that the Sky Sports 2 channel did work earlier but now has the same error message.

Any help appreciated please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Update channel 507 has just worked for 5 minutes. But then went to channel 1 and back again now it will not work, however channels 502 and 509 work now!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Are the channels now working correctly for more than 5 mins at a time?

By subscribing to Sky Sports 2 you have triggered BT to set you up for the Fibre Multicast IPTV service. Ideally they should have done that when you moved over to Infinity. To save repeating things have a read of this related post.

You can check your multicast channel entitlements via Help & Settings > Settings > Entitlements.

Do you have 'Sky Sports 2', 'BT Sport SD' and 'PSB HD'?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Thanks Umpire. The channels (502, 507, 508, 509) worked fine from Saturday morning until today. Today i'm getting the same broadband interruptions message and none of the above channels are working.

I have checked the Entitlements and they are exactly as you say. Broadband is working fine (and fast).

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

Further update having restarted the home hub and vision box. Channels 502, 507 and 509 now work. 508 still has the same error message.......

Ahh 2 minutes later and none of the channels above work now at all............

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 33

I think your entitlements should give you access to the following multicast channels.

No entitlement required:

SD channel 475 - BT TV Preview.

This can be used as a test channel and is a low quality SD picture.

Sky Sports 2:

SD channel 502

BT Sport SD:

SD channels 507, 508, 509 and 527.

PSB HD:

HD channels 101 - 107.

These are high quality public service broadcaster HD channels.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 33

If the channels only work for 256 seconds (4 mins 16 secs) plus a few seconds then give a VMC011 then that is a problem that has been reported before. If the channels have at times worked for much longer periods then you may have a totally different issue.

Are you using a single ethernet cable or power lines adapters between the HomeHub and the BT Vision+ box?

Have you tried disconnecting all other internet devices from the HomeHub as an experiment (PC's, tablets, smartphones, network printers, blu-ray players, games consoles, etc.). It's possible another device is causing a problem.

From the entitlements point of view if 507 and 509 work then you would expect 508 to as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 33

@Surfbum wrote:

I have fibre to the home installed 

Do you definitely have FTTH rather than FTTC?

I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference for the Fibre Multicast service, but who knows? Some people have had problems ordering certain BT TV services for FTTH, but I thought that was just due to the inadequacies of the ordering system rather than the delivery technology. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 33

I would be a bit upset if I had FTTH and was only getting 45Mbs 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Hi

Apologies for the delay in replying. After hours and hours on the phone to BT technical teams, finally last week an engineer was booked to come and see the issues for himself. Booked for Saturday afternoon. Friday pm and Saturday am ALL channels worked fine without fault. There has been a small army of BT engineers on our estate over the past week so i assumed  the issue had been fixed. Rightly or wrongly i phoned the engineer and told him this and we agreed there was no point him coming if it all worked fine.

Up until today all channels via broadband have worked fine. Today none of them work again, same error code VMC011. I've rebooted etc but nothing helps.

I'll have to ring the engineer tomorrow and see if he will come out.

Answers to questions raised. Yes definietly FTTH. We have an ethernet cable from the hub to the vision box (no powerline adaptors). If i run a speed test on the BTW website i get 45MBps wirelessly and about 75MBps using an ethernet cable.

0 Ratings