cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Thanks. I've sent you an email as requested and look forward to hearing from you.

PS. The BT Vision team promised they'd phone me at 8.45am this morning....... The BT operatives words were "you can count on me"...

Surprise suprise no call received at all today let alone at 8.45am!!

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

PaddyB

Any joy looking into this please, still not working. BT technical called tonight and said they'd reset my subscriptions etc and the problem should now be fixed. The channels worked for about 30 minutes but have now gone again with the same error code VMC011.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Hi surfbum,

I can't see your details from here I'm afraid.  Can you send me a private message with the reference number you received when you sent your details and I'll check what happened?

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Hi

I don't seem to be able to send you a private message there is no link in the 'Contact Me' section on your page?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Hi Surfbum,

Fill in your details by clicking on my profile and the link is under the section "about me".  We'll need you to get in touch that way to help sort things out.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Now sent thanks

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 27 of 33

I've logged another contact the mods email and sent you a private message with the reference nr

Thanks

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Update - new Vision box is being sent, should be here Wednesday. If it doesn't work another engineer will be dispatched.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 33

Something else to check.

Try tuning into a multicast channel, then check the following.

Help & Settings > Settings > CA Network > Last connection result:  (Should say Successful)

Help & Settings > Settings > CA Network > Notification message status:  (Should say Connected)

You can try changing channel and back to see if anything changes. In my experience once the notification message status is no longer connected then you won't be able to view the channel for much more than a few minutes longer. It will then cut out with a VMC011.

You could try the following to see if it makes any difference.

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Reset Registration

Help & Settings > Settings > CA Network > Force Resynchronisation

Again you might need to then try changing channel and back to a multicast one. Then check the CA Network status again.

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 30 of 33

Thanks but I did try those suggestions previously to no avail.

Update. The latest thinking from BT is that our HP wireless printer is affecting our viewing. Apparently it is a known issue with HP printers that use multicast.

Jury is still out but since they told me to turn off the wireless setting on the printer the channels have worked fine all but a brief period yesterday............

0 Ratings