cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Sounds feasible. That is what I was thinking way back when I said ...

"Have you tried disconnecting all other internet devices from the HomeHub as an experiment (PC's, tablets, smartphones, network printers, blu-ray players, games consoles, etc.). It's possible another device is causing a problem."

Others have previously reported a network printer as causing a problem with the multicast streams. I'm not sure of the details but it seemed to be related to the use of the IGMP messaging protocol. The multicast streams rely on this. You may find that the CA Network Notification messaging status changes to 'unconnected' if the printer causes the channels to drop out?

Connecting a wireless printer to the hub via an ethernet cable may possibly be a solution? Obviously though this defeats the point of buying a wireless printer!

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 32 of 33

Re: Extra channels on Infinity (broadband interruptions are affecting your viewing)

Yes sorry you did indeed!

We never use the printer wirelessly and have a cable to it but of course the wireless setting was left on!

0 Ratings
Surfbum
Contributor
Message 33 of 33

Update

We still get an intermittent problem and error code VMC011. WE have now tried everything. The HP printer was a red herring and has made no difference. Following this i was told that we had too many wireless devices connected to the hub (7nr). We have had all off and still get the error code.

I'd be very grateful if a moderator could contact me please. A very helpful one did in December but i can't get hold of her again now.....

0 Ratings