cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 25

Re: Extremelly slow broadband speed, high ping constantly.

is there anything connected to the back of the master socket (not back of front plate) as there is certainly something killing your conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 25

Not as far as I can tell, I see a load of wires and that's it really. Just find it strange that going from 2mbs on speedtest.net to 0.25, I've rest the hub a fair number of times, due to the fact that even though speedtest.net registered 2mbs I was getting 300kbs or so. Granted if I need to leave the hub on for 3/5 days that's quite hard seeing as it resets every morning at 4-5am without fault. So I don't know if the mods can fix it from their end or do I need an engineer and fork out £200 which is abit much considering my broadband was fine before switching to BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

the strange thing is you say about 2mb connection but the checker you ran shows expected about 6.5mb and currently you are about 284kbps - not close to either figure

there should only be the bt wires entering the back of the master socket so when you take off the front the only socket that works for phoneline is the test socket.  it is not unheard of cable being conencted to main incoming bt wires at back of master but this will kill your broadband.

I am just trying to make sure problem appears outwith your home to avoid having to pay £99 for engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 25

So where am I to go about this now? Is it a definitive outside problem or am I just being a total lemon and staring at the problems when I opened the socket?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

when you take of the bottom of master any extension conenctions should be connected to the front detached plate.  the incoming bt wires will be attached to the backplate which is still screwed to the wall.  as long is that is what you see then there is not much more you acn doi and need mod assistance and engineer visit

you can always post a pic of the socket showing test socket

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 25

Right well hmm, this is how my socket looks like atm. WP_20131011_004.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

lot of wires where normally there are only 2 conencted to terminals A&B.  were there any wires connected to front plate?

could nay of the wires be conencted to another socket?  or burglar alarm?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 25

I don't have a burglar alarm (If I get robbed during the night because i;ve just typed this I swear...) And the only other socket is up in the bedroom however that one doesn't work at all. And to answer your other question, nope the face plate just came off like butter, no wires attached.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

you certainly need some assistance and mods will help when they read your posts but I am concerned with all the wires

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

Hmm a couple last questions then.

First of, is any of this going to actually cost me anything? I mean my broadband used to be alright until I recently changed so I don't know what happened there. But if something's throttling it then by all means I'd love to get this fixed, however sparing some 99 quid for an engineer is gonna be rough.

Second of all! As much as I understand that mods are busy an all, is it possible for an estimate until this gets fixed, cause day by day this gets a little more frustrating.

You've been a great help and all but at the end of the day I'm still paying for a service which isn't really worth the money!

0 Ratings