cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulrbarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Extremely annoyed customer

I've now been waiting for BT to sort out my line speed since 14th April. The engineers have failed to turn up twice, and the technical team cannot give me any explanation what (if anything) the engineers have done, and why the rebooking team repeatedly fails to call. My speed is currently 500Kbps upload and varies between 5Mbps and 12Mbps download

BT Infinity 1 order placed on 4th April. Line to be upgraded on 11th April.

Line upgraded on 11th April but no speed improvement.

Still no speed improvement by 14th April so called BT to report a fault VOL051-XXXXXXXX. BT said they needed to get the order management team involved to set the line speed correctly, and would call back with the order management team on conference to explain the situation and get the order management team to request the right fix. BT phoned back on xx but missed the call. They said they would phone back on 19th between 6 and 8pm.

BT ORDER MANAGEMENT TEAM DIDN'T CALL

BT called me on 19th April @ 18:00, but order management team had not called so the BT caller could not help.

BT claimed that line would be fixed would be fixed on 22nd April.

BT closed fault VOL051-XXXXXXXX without fixing.

Line checked on evening of 22nd and still not fixed. Called BT on 25th April at 9am and new fault raised VOL051-YYYYYYYYYY.

BT sent SMS and called back at 12:20 on 26th Ato confirm that all our services should be working.

We checked our service at 20.00 on 26th April but no increase in speed.

Spoke to BT Order Management @ 8.30 on 27th and they said that they would need to escalate to 2nd Line, and that they would phone back between 14.00 and 16.00 on 28th April.

BT 2nd Line phoned back @ 14.40 on 28th April. Apparently there is still a fault at the exchange. They will send an engineer to the exchange to fix this within 24-48 hours and will call me back between 6pm and 8pm on Saturday 30th April. 2nd line team informed me that the visit on 22nd was the engineers visiting the exchange for a “data integrity”, and couldn’t explain what happened on 26th. BT raised fault VOL051-ZZZZZZZZZ incorrectly on 28th April 14.49 as a phone or TV fault.

BT Engineer did something on 29th April and download speed increased to 12Mbps, but upload speed still 0.9Mbps and still not satisfactory.

Missed call from BT @ 6pm on 30th April.

Called BT technical team @ 9am on 1st May and they explained that the engineer had been trying to get in contact with us, maybe regarding getting access to the property. They couldn’t explain what (if anything) the engineer had changed and said the engineer would call us back on Tuesday 3rd May.

NO CALL FROM ENGINEER OR TECHNICAL TEAM

Nothing on 3rd May – no missed calls on home phone or either mobile.

Called BT technical team @ 8am on Wednesday 4th May and they said that they needed to provide some information to the engineer and that they would call back late on Thursday 5th May with an update. I explained that I was unavailable at this time and they agreed to call back between 10am and 12pm on Friday 6th May. Subsequently received a text stating that BT would call back between 5 and 7pm on 4th May.

BT called to arrange a time for an engineer to call. BT offered Friday 5th May but scheduled for Thursday 4th May between 8am and 1pm instead.

BT ENGINEER DIDN'T ARRIVE ON 4TH MAY

Took Thursday 4th May morning off work to meet BT engineer. BT engineer phoned at 12.58pm to say that had only just been given the job and was it okay to get access to the property later that day; i explained that i was busy after 1pm and needed to reschedule.

At 9.36am on 6th May, BT texted to say they'd call back between 10:00 and 12:00 on 6th May.

No call back on 6th May.

Phoned BT at 9.30am on 7th May and rearranged for the engineer to visit between 8am and 1pm on 10th May. BT said they would call back between 13:00 and 15:00 to provide more details and text to confirm. No call back or text.

Took Tuesday 10th May off work to meet BT engineer.

Called BT at 11.30am on 10th May to ask why an engineer hadn't been in touch, BT explained that the booking had been made, but that there was no update from the engineer and they would probably be there shortly. No sign of engineer at property or at local cabinet by 11.30am. When I asked whether the BT engineer needed access to the property, was advised that they would call 30 mins before they need access, which meant that i had to stay at home as my work is an hour away.

Called BT at 2pm on 10th May to ask why still no sign of engineer and BT explained that they didn't have any information from the engineer but was probably still on site, and BT would arrange a call back between 5pm and 7pm on the 10th to provide an update. They also said that i would receive a text message which i should respond to if i wanted them to contact me quickly. No text received from BT.

BT ENGINEER DIDN'T ARRIVE ON 10TH MAY

BT called back at 7.36pm and explained that they still didn't have an update from the engineer, but was probably finished on site and would need to continue tomorrow. When asked what the problem was they had no information other than "it's probably a big problem", and couldn't confirm whether the engineer had actually been on site at all. Arranged a follow up call-back on 11th between 11am and 1pm
No text confirmation from BT

BT text confirmation arrived at 08:14 16th May for callback between 10 and 12am 16th May
BT called back at 10:36am 16th May and said they'd need to speak to the wholesale team to get details and would call back later
BT called back at 11:46am 16th May and explained that the engineers had been on site for 3 days and had replaced the cable between the cabinet and exchange, and the engineers would now need to check the cable between home and cabinet. The engineers will call within 24 hours to arrange a time to visit. BT will also call back between 10am and 12pm on 18th May

NO CALL FROM BT ENGINEERING REBOOKING TEAM

BT called back on 18th May @ 10:44am but didn't have any further information and didn't know why the engineers hadn't called. Would chase engineers and arrange further callback on 19th.

BT texted at 8am on 19th May to say that there would be a callback between 6 and 8pm.

NO CALLBACK FROM BT TECHNICAL TEAM

No callback so I texted BT at 9.16pm to ask them to arrange a call back the next day.

BT Infinity 1 speed dropped to 5mbps download/0.5mbps upload

BT called back on 20th May @ 1:25 but didn't have any further information. They said they would contact the engineers and call back. BT called back at 1:53 pm and said that the engineers hadn't called because their system was down (since 5th May???). BT could not confirm that the engineers had been on site at all since 5th May. They promised the engineers would call in the next 24-48 hours and BT would call on 24rd May

Surprise - no engineer call between 20th and 24th May.

BT text saying they would call back on 24rd May between 10am and 12pm
BT technical team called at 12.15pm on 24th May and said they would get an updated from the engineers and call back
BT technical team called at 12.37pm on 24th May and when asked why the rebooking team hadn't called could only provide an explanation that "it was the weekend" and when i asked why the rebooking team didn't call on Friday 20th May or Monday 23rd May repeated that it was a weekend. I asked to escalate this to complaints and was told that the complaints team would call between 1am and 12pm on 25th, that the engineering rebooking team would call in the next 24 hours and that BT technical would call back between 6pm and 8pm on 25th May to confirm that this has all happened.

FAULT HAS NOW BEEN OUTSTANDING SINCE 24TH APRIL AND BT ENGINEERS HAVE MISSED 2 APPOINTMENTS AND FAILED TO CALL OR REBOOK 5 TIMES.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Extremely annoyed customer

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using test socket with a new filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 6

Hi @paulrbarber Sorry to hear about the poor level of service you have received. 

I'm sure you will be contacted tomorrow as agreed but if you would like us to monitor your appointment we will be happy to if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
paulrbarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

The HH5 stats vary. Currently i'm getting 13Mbps (the best i've seen in a while), yesterday it was closer to 8Mbps.

I'm usually plugged into the master socket via a filtered faceplate, but i get almost identical stats direct through the test socket.

Today

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ60117083
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 12/04/16
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 16:08:55
6. Data rate: 781 / 13707
7. Maximum data rate: 781 / 15019
8. Noise margin: 6.2 / 6.2
9. Line attenuation: 4.9 / 13.5
10. Signal attenuation: 4.9 / 8.8
11. Data sent/received: 130.7 MB / 4.3 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Yesterday:

6. Data rate: 571 / 7973
7. Maximum data rate: 571 / 8742
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 8.3
9. Line attenuation: 4.9 / 13.5
10. Signal attenuation: 4.9 / 8.8

Wholesale FTTC check

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)8073.52020--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8047.82013.2--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7.5--6.5 to 9Available--Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7.5Up to 16.5 to 9Available--Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--Yes
Fixed Rate2----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

From BT speed test

download speed 12.89
upload speed 0.72
ping 49.00

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
    12.89 Mbps

0 Mbps    13.27 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.89 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-13.27 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 13.27 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
    0.72 Mbps

0 Mbps    10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.72Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Quiet line test is pretty quiet - can't hear any obvious noise on the line.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Your connection is rubbish compared to your estimated speed. Take up the mods offer of help and use contact us link and send the email. Mods will get back to you in couple of days maybe sooner and give you one point of contact until resolved. They will probably arrange engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
paulrbarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @imjolly and @JohnC2. I'll contact the mods as advised.

0 Ratings