cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
psmith64
Message 1 of 4

Extremely frustrated and annoyed over non access to my primary email

I have had BT Broadband for 5 years now, with relatively good experience of the service.

Since January 8th 2011, my experience has changed dramatically, to one of being very frustrated and annoyed.

I have not been able to access my primary email account for a period of one month.

I have had countless contact with BT Technical support, promising to rectify the situation, I now can't afford to waste anymore time after spending hours on the phone to the useless technical support who have not been able to resolve my problem.

Each time I try to log on to my email, I get an invalid password message.

I keep changing my password, and I know it has been changed, as I am able to log into BT Openzone with the newly changed password.

I had a phone message from BT Technical support today to say they have at last rectified the problem, giving me a password to login in with that they had chosen. I was getting excited at being to actually get back into to my emails, only to find the problem still existed.

I really am now at my wits end. I don't want to have to change my email address as this will be a major inconvenience.

To  cap it all, I have now got the same problem with one of my sub accounts.

Has anyone else got ot had this Invalid Password problem of late, and if so, has it been resolved.

I really do need some help here, as I have no confidence in the BT Technical staff to resolve this problem that they have not been able to help me with for the past month. I really can't afford to waste anymore time on the phone. I just want a resolve.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
psmith64
Message 2 of 4

Re: Extremely frustrated and annoyed over non access to my primary email

At last after one month and one day I am now able to get back into my primary email.

It would appear looking at my account somebody hacked into it, changed my email sending name and reply email address, and used my account for sending spam, which lead to my account being suspended.

The name that appeared on my email sending name was Mr Eme Farms !!

Anyway, all has been resolved, but it shows you have to be careful as it would appear I must have entered my details on a fake site or something like that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

A lesson to be learnt by all we al need to be aware of fake site glad you have sorted your problem out ok
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@psmith64 wrote:

At last after one month and one day I am now able to get back into my primary email.

It would appear looking at my account somebody hacked into it, changed my email sending name and reply email address, and used my account for sending spam, which lead to my account being suspended.

The name that appeared on my email sending name was Mr Eme Farms !!

Anyway, all has been resolved, but it shows you have to be careful as it would appear I must have entered my details on a fake site or something like that.

Hi Paul.

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear of the problem you had.

You may like to also check that any email forwarding is not setup (In webmail Options/Mail or more options/POP & Forwarding). You might also wish to amend some of the personal details - see my shortcuts option 24a. There you can amend your security answers.

In the "olden" days (and indeed now), people are requested to enter their mother's maiden name and DoB - these are probably less secure now that people use social media (e.g. Facebook, Friendsreunited etc). So I feel that altering them to something else can be useful - but you need to remember what you used.

0 Ratings