cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Extremely high phone bill with calls my father has not made

My Father has Alzheimers, lives alone and independent.  I have power of attorney to help with his affairs.  I have just discovered that his BT bills are extremely high and started to investigate.  My father rarely uses the phone and uses the internet for e mail and occasional on line shopping.  I have discovered multiple calls made often during the night to premium numbers which change by one digit each time - on one night 12 in total from 1am until 4am costing £50.  His last bill was for £569, and most of these charges were for premium rate calls.  My father is not making these calls.  I am wondering if he has downloaded a dialler by mistake or if someone within his block of flats has hacked into his line.  I spent a whole day yetserday either on chat to BT or on the phone and each time I was passed around departments and then cut off without explanation.  I dont know what to do next.  In addition after calling my dad on his mobile his landline phone now has no dialling tone and the internet is not working???? I am concerned that as we speak his bill will be mounting up again.  Due to my Dad's memory problems its hard for me to ask him to investigate so I am doing this for him.  As I live 2 hours away I can't just pop over either.  He has an emergency phone plugged into phone line for help if he falls etc... so don't want to cut off the line.  I have searched the numbers on PSA and many of them correspond to a company called Boxbeat Media Ltd. Any help and assistance would be grateful.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Extremely high phone bill with calls my father has not made

Welcome to this user forum.

Have a look here :-

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/Nuisancecalls/Outgoingcallcontrol/index.htm

That will enable you to restrict calls.

I have also asked a moderator for help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Extremely high phone bill with calls my father has not made

Hi @willicre48,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry that your Dad's bills are so high.  I appreciate your Dad's condition and the amount of time you have spent both on live chat and over the phone.

We'll be happy to look into this for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings