Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Extremely low speed

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

adsl speed is basically dependant on distance from exchnage whereas fibre is dependant on distnace from street cabinet

this graph explains  to significantly improve your conenction you can get infinity 1 which would give a connection of roughly 55/10mb  you may get a good deal using options team   

you are not going to get much faster f any on existing adsl connectionFTTC speed graph.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Im fully understand distance affect ADSL, but I cant move my house closer to exange point, but I think BT have possibility to move exange point closer to all my village people.

Of course theres another question - why I need to know all this? All I need know that I bought advertised 17mbps but get 2 mbps.

That UP TO sounds really weird... ex. I provide cleaning service and after client paid to me, in him house I will show him small letters in contract "I will clean up to 3 rooms" and because Im low of recources and I will clean today only half of 1 room.

Better joke will be "today is UP TO 15% possibility that Im get laid if I will be close enough to my girlfriend" but advertise that I will do that "UP TO 17 times" overnight sound crazy 🙂

Serously - I will try to move to BT Infinity of course, just I hope I will pay same price as other people pay.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
You cannot move an exchange it is like saying move your house you are talking about a brick built building the local green street cabinets have nothing to do with ADSL only the fibre service has the equipment in it but also then speed is related to you distance from the cabinet
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

there is little chance openreach not BT Retail will move the exchnage nearer you or your village

you will pay whatever you negotiate with the options team but will not be a cheap as the offers which you see on TV or in the press as they are for new people to BT.  Like all ISPs the monthly cost is significantly reduced to entice new customers

however this time due to your proximity to the street cabinet if you slect infinity 1 up to 52mb download speed you should get the full 52mb whereas others on the up 52mb service will get less and probably pay the same monthly cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Hehehe... 🙂 why those "green cabinets" cant care ADSL as well? Only bricks...

Like I said I will try move to fibre optic, but when I tried to order fibre optic 1-2 months ago, at first step I was be said that ok, "we can provide up to 60-76mbps to your house", but in final order step on screen was explanation that is "imposible to provide BT Infinity to your house".

I hope since then situation has changed and will check my street maybe some green cabinet appears in past month. But I doubt about that.

I think BT website just buggy or in purpose again advertising things which cant provide in real.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

you are on cab 17 which appears to be on coxley view near junction with Netherfield avenue.  with speed estimated you must be within 200m

0 Ratings