cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 59

Extremely poor speeds and even worse customer service!!

Go to solution

As a recently new customer to BT i joined in September and from the start it has been extremely poor. I have had umpteen faults and ongoing issues with speed and faulty line's. Each and everytime i call customer service i manage to be connected to a call centre in Mumbai India. Not once have i spoken with someone in our own country. 

I would just like to say the advisors in these call centres are Rude, uncaring and very unhelpful. On two occasions whilst speaking to me on the phone the advisor descided she would have a conversation with her colleague in arabic or what ever other language they may speak over there. Now i had to ask her to speak english because not only is it extremely unproffesional but it is very rude and ignorant. 

My issue has been ongoing since the end of november and its still not fixed, bearing in mind this is various advisors and two technicians later and we are still no further forward. I am awaiting a call from the wholesale team tomorrow regarding my problem which seems to be with the telephone pole DP point i am told, also the last technician that diagnosed the problem says that these should be serviced by BT every 12 years. It was the advisors opinion that this DP point was extremely neglected by BT and doesnt look like its been serviced for 22 years. 

I will await their phone call tomorrow but i am not holding my breath. So far this company have been an absolute Joke, i left a bad ISP to join worse!

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES 58
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 59

Re: Extremely poor speeds and even worse customer service!!

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a lot of old network out there which is not looked at unless a fault occurs, there has never been any "servicing" as far as I am aware.

Unfortunately BT Retail have to rely on the information that Openreach supply.

As this is only a customer to customer help forum, all I can do is to ask one of the BT moderators to look into the fault history, and see if they can help.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 59

Go to solution

Hi @David_1872 Sorry the fault with your service has still not been fixed.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 59

Go to solution
Just the usual pass the buck. Its not us its openreach openreach say you have to contact your service provider. What a load of nonsense.

Another thing is that BT should have a UK call centre instead of trying to save a few quid on employing people in india and probably nowhere near the rate that they would have to pay british workers. That is the fact of the matter.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 59

Go to solution
They do have UK call centres, I've spoken to mainly northerners, couldn't tell you where mind, but sounded like Manchester/Liverpool way, and if i recall when i last phoned to get a better deal i spoke to an irish chap
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 59

Go to solution

Very lucky you are. I Have never spoken to a uk call centre since iv joined. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 59

Go to solution

@David_1872 wrote:

Very lucky you are. I Have never spoken to a uk call centre since iv joined. 

Have you taken up the offer of the moderator to help you? They are a BT UK based team.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 59

Go to solution
I have had a furthet update from the broadband team in "india". There has to be a 3rd party to test the DP point and that it wont be done until the 30th December. An absolute joke!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 59

Go to solution

Did you contact the moderators!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 59

Go to solution
What is the moderators able to do that hasnt already been done already.
0 Ratings