cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Extremely slow broadband and lousy customer service

I have just changed to BT and boy I wish I hadn't. After 10 days for it to "come up to speed" it didn't (download speed of 120 Kbps). I have fitted an accelerator which didn't make any difference and it has taken 3 phone calls of about half an hour each duration for someone who I barely understood telling me that I had fault. I knew I had a fault as I was told 3 times. The customer support team who was told would call me back at a specific time didn't and now I have been told that an engineer will come out in a weeks time to solve all my problems - if only. BT, I am totally disappointed with your service and wish I had never changed as talk talk who was originally with was very fast. Is there a cool off period where you can cancel the service?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Drpepper123
Message 2 of 9

Re: Extremely slow broadband and lousy customer service

I had exactly the same problems as you and was informed i had a ten day cooling off period.
Cancelled on my eigth day.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

there is no cool off period - you need to cancel before service is provided.

if yyou would like some help/suggestions can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected to the NTE5 master or test socket or somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Drpepper123 wrote:
I had exactly the same problems as you and was informed i had a ten day cooling off period.
Cancelled on my eigth day.

interesting never seen that before - wonder if correct or someone gave you wrong information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Drpepper123
Message 5 of 9

Wrong info ? very probably as they told me id be up and running in less than 48 hours , then told it would be up to 15 days by another advisor.

Commision is king .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I Am connected to the master socket and have two additional sockets. This is what I have got
ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 08:49:47
Downstream: 287.1 Kbps
Upstream: 440 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 23.5 dB / 28.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 27.4 dB / 12.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 18.2 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 13 / 142
CRC Events (Down/Up):
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

can you post the errors at the bottom of same page - may need to 'show detail'.

have you tried the test socket if you have an NTE5 master socket to eliminate any noise from your internal extension. ( I know that is the idea of the accelerator)

your hub has only be connected for 8hrs - was that the hub that reset or was it you who reset to try and improve the connection?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

imjolly neither have I cancellation free before service activated certainly not after
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@john46 wrote:
imjolly neither have I cancellation free before service activated certainly not after

maybe the mods can clarify - has there been a change in terms and conditions regarding cancellation and cooling off period

0 Ratings