cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raikoh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Extremely slow upload speed

After having no problems with my connection for a while it was safe to say I was content with what I had. Spoke too soon it seems. I have dropped from 1000kbps upload speed all the way down to only 383 kbps. Oddly my download speed has shot up. But this is a real problem for me because I upload videos to Youtube. Now when my connection was fine I could upload quite a large sized file in a fairly quick time (1hr and half give or take). But now that I've lost almost all my download it's taking me almost 3 hours+ to upload even small sized files. Very annoyed by this as all was fine. Here are my Hub stats. I've also noticed that my Line attenuation is a lot higher than it used to be as aswell:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 21:26:45
Downstream6,999 Kbps
Upstream383 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.8 dB / 4.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)58.5 dB / 50.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967265
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1399 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)1150

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Extremely slow upload speed

are you connected to the master socket or better the test socket?  your attenuation has increased by about 10 suggesting some additional resistance - maybe problem with your wiring?

also try the quiet line test to check for any noise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Raikoh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I' am connected to the master socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

do you have any other sockets apart from the master?  If so then try the test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Raikoh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Okay I connected to a different socket which came out with the same results. Then I connected to the test socket and everything went back to normal. I'm guessing it could be a wiring problem right?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Hi yes if your attenuation dropped and your speed also increased then yes it sounds like an internal wiring problem could you please post another set of hub stats and a Bt speed test for comparison speedtester.bt.com
Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

if that has got the attenuation and speed back to 'normal' then it sounds like an internal wiring problem and more than just 'disconnect the orange bellwire'  check you sockets for a loose wire or maybe even dampness in one of the sockets

0 Ratings
Raikoh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 5583 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5583 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7023 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 387 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6195 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 224 Kbps

0 Kbps387 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 224 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 387 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

I already have the orange bell wire disconnected as well. I will check for damaged wires and damp and get back to you.

0 Ratings
Raikoh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

So after checking for damp, loosely connected wires or damaged wires I found nothing. Had a power cut this morning which reset the Hub stats again. I don't understand why my download is going up but my upload is going down.

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 2:12:25
Downstream7,223 Kbps
Upstream379 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.4 dB / 5.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)58.0 dB / 50.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 20
CRC Errors (Down/Up)46 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 6
Error Seconds (Local)45

Also here are my BT Speedtester results:

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 5846 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5846 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7223 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 379 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6372 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 253 Kbps

0 Kbps379 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 253 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 379 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

if you are connected to the test socket and tried a different filter then there is a problem on your line which is causing resistance.  your attenuation in August was 41 and now 58 - your connection speed of 7223 is far to high for a 58 attenuation.  I thnk you need mod assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951