Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 80

Extremly slow BB After 21CN upgrade

Go to solution

On last wednsday exchange in Dungannon got a 21CN upgrade. I thougt yea  great news finally i'll get more than 9-10 Mbits. I must admit that before upgrade my bb was rock stable no problems at all ofc some minor dissconections occured during a 4 year period but it happens right? But after the Exchange upgrade my broadband is awfully slow it's almost like dial-up connection, i can't even do my work from home or use internet services which i've paid for upfront.

I've posted on forums recently i was told to leave my hub on 24/7 for few days, and it should solve my problem,since the line need to settle down after the updrade. But it's already 6th day after the upgrade and nothing changed .... well almost nothing ...

Here are the stats from my hub taken todays morning.

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 5 days, 0:47:10
Downstream 283 Kbps
Upstream 440 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 22.9 dB / 30.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 29.0 dB / 16.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 0
Loss of Signal (Local) 0
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 208 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 0

When i got back from work about 5pm connection went down for a short period of time (i belive i've been resynced or smth like that) and afterwards my stats look like that

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 2:11:13
Downstream283 Kbps
Upstream1,108 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)22.1 dB / 9.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)29.0 dB / 16.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)2315 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)0

im very happy cuz finally i can send files to my employer faster also uploading stuff for my private use/backup is easier now but what the **bleep** is with downstream speed? i can understand that setting up new exchange equipment can take some time, same goes for stabilization of the line but how long do i need to have to wait till i'll get what i'm paying for?

P.S excuse my english it's not my native language

Forgot to add speedtest results

0 Ratings
79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 80

Re: Extremly slow BB After 21CN upgrade

Go to solution

did you manage to solve the problem that you can get a connection from the master socket but not from the test socket.  To me that suggests that particular socket is not the master and the master is elsewhere in your home.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 80

Go to solution
yea i've solved that problem, it was my fault and stupidity, since i've tryed to connect my phone extension instead of bb extension, but afterwards i brought my hub downstairs and checked master socket/test socket again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 80

Go to solution

so are you now connected to the test socket without using a phone extension?  so hub connected via a filter to test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 80

Go to solution
that's correct
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 80

Go to solution

which version of the hub do you have - v1, v1.5 or v2  just there have been reports of problems with v1 and adls2+

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/firmwarenotes.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 80

Go to solution

it's home hub 2 with firmware 8.1.H.J (Type A)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 80

Go to solution

I have tried the obvious possibilities so I think you are going to have to leave connected for the rest of the 10 training period and see if it improves.  BT will not do anything until training period finished

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 80

Go to solution
but it really looks odd that my upload speed is almost 8-9 times faster than download .... and this unexpected resync which occured today dunno what to think ofc i'll try to be patient but my nerves are already on the verge if u know what i mean.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 80

Go to solution

I know exactly what you mean = probably find most people on the forum know the feeling.  the speed down is very low but as I said BT will not do anything while still in the training period.

if no change after 10 days training the contact mods for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

just fill out the form

0 Ratings