Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 16

FIFA12 and infinaty

I was just wondering as I'm new to infinaty and haven't a a chance to play this online yet .if anyone out there dies play it regulary and if the infinaty speeds and ping have any real advantage when playing this online?what has anyone found in comparison to there old adsl connection? It real the only game I tend to play most of the time.
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: FIFA12 and infinaty

Noticed no difference at all going from a 2meg connection to an 80meg one.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

No difference at all ?? I use to have a really laggy conection when I had the 1/2-1 meg connection and it would take sometimes up to 20mins to find someone too play as most would just drop out when the lag came up on the old FIFA
0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 4 of 16

My sons play online and they've not noticed much difference. They 'host' alot more and there's no dropped connections when they do that's about it

When I play I still lose ! but thats because I'm rubbish.

0 Ratings
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 16

So there's no advantage to hosting then??
0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 6 of 16

not for me!! (again 'cos any host advantage is undermined completely by my lack of talent)

although my boys reckon there is some play advantage - I've simply not experienced it.

0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 7 of 16

just asked them ; they say they win more . But on some games (not sure about fifa) the online servers compensate for lag and try to even it out.

On COD2 only the very 'slow' players really have much of a disadvantage (so I'm told)

but in my experience : infinity will give you a fast, consistent line where you host most of the time and which so some games will give advantage or at least no disadvantege and where other people in your household can do their thing at the same time.

e.g. earlier today my boys were playing something online and I was downloading a HD film - they didn't notice.

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 8 of 16

hosting is much better with infinity because of the upload i have found on the ps3, not sure about the xbox, but i wouldn't buy a piece of rubbish like that 😉
0 Ratings
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 16

I'm ps3 too fella .suppose il just have to see later tonight when I get online as too any differences that I notice .does the upload speed make a big difference then?
0 Ratings
smartie
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

I have the same ping with infinity that I did way back when I had 512k broadband! Higher speed broadband won't make a blind bit of difference to ping times, that's all down to what isp your with and the routing they use for your connection.
0 Ratings