Message 71 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

deleted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 393

I think that something like this was pretty inevitable as Sky are looking to strengthen their streaming services offering - and this makes NowTV a more attractive proposition if you have a BT box.

Why give 'your' channels to a rival service if you are looking to expand  .. BT would need to fight back by securing some alternative general entertainment programming.  Perhaps they can beef up AMC which would seem to be a natural competitor to Fox?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 73 of 393

Well they still offer it on other platforms, TalkTalk, Virgin etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 393

We don't know how long the contracts are that talktalk and virgin have to show fox, so that means nothing.
It's about BT said something official about this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 75 of 393

@Keith75 wrote:
We don't know how long the contracts are that talktalk and virgin have to show fox, so that means nothing.
It's about BT said something official about this.

On the basis there has been no official BT response or denial from the mods, it sounds as if it is inevitable.  

Losing Fox will be a blow - of all the extra channels this is the only one I really watch (and a couple of shows on Universal).  Two of the world's biggest shows - TWD & NCIS - will be lost to BT viewers, not to mention other popular shows which are first shown on this channel.

There may be an argument this is a big enough channel to allow folk to cancel their TV service (if BT 'agree'), but I very much doubt that will extend to broadband and phone which for me are all tied up.

Looks like I have have to 'borrow' my brother's SkyGo to keep up to date with the going ons in zombieland.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 76 of 393

I personally think is is a big enough loss to the current offering to allow cancellation 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 393

Fox is the channel i use most on BT, so losing it is a big loss. I would hope BT would allow people to exit their TV contract early. Don't really want to pay for now TV on top of BTTV.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 78 of 393

I'd guess one of the reasons why BT, staff and mods are so silent over this is they are looking into legal ramifications of the loss of the channel before saying anything beyond the 'yes it's going away' when pressed on social media. They know they are going to have customers requesting to be released from their contracts over this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 79 of 393

Hi Guys,

Apologies everyone for the delay in confirming.

We're sorry to announce that BT will no longer be able to offer the FOX and FOX HD channels on BT TV. Unfortunately, Fox no longer offers their channels to all UK TV platforms.

BT TV customers won't be able to view the channels from 1st March. We will continue to offer all our other great TV channels, including Comedy Central, GOLD, MTV and the AMC channel, which is exclusive to BT customers.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 80 of 393

Has anyone tried to cancel their BT TV subscription on the back of this? It is a huge loss to the service, BT TV's equivalent of Sky 1 in my opinion and I would now seriously consider a switch to another supplier. Especially as many of the channels popular shows would be cut off mid-season!

0 Ratings