cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walterwhite1
Contributor
Message 221 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

Received my email today and just had a live chat with Sk to go back. The offer was OK until I realised that they still charge separately for HD. At least with BT entertainment max, its rolled into the price. Sky take the **bleep** and increase their prices all to regularly. Better the devil you know me thinks ....
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 222 of 393

I got the email from BT earlier this evening.

Darren

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 223 of 393

@walterwhite1 wrote:
Received my email today and just had a live chat with Sk to go back. The offer was OK until I realised that they still charge separately for HD. At least with BT entertainment max, its rolled into the price. Sky take the **bleep** and increase their prices all to regularly. Better the devil you know me thinks ....

depending on which package you take then it is included in the price 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 224 of 393

Can someone clear this up for me?

The Walking Dead is a product of AMC - How come the AMC channel on the BT YouView box isn't showing Any seasons of The Walking Dead, especially the latest season - instead it goes to Fox? Instead it decides to air (IMO) the inferior FOTD..

Maybe I've misunderstood the whole AMC thing?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 225 of 393

As AMC sold the rights in the UK to Fox sometime ago before the AMC channels was launched here. Thats why Fear The Walking Dead is only on AMC and not Fox.
0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 226 of 393

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone clear this up for me?

The Walking Dead is a product of AMC - How come the AMC channel on the BT YouView box isn't showing Any seasons of The Walking Dead, especially the latest season - instead it goes to Fox? Instead it decides to air (IMO) the inferior FOTD..

Maybe I've misunderstood the whole AMC thing?

Thanks.

AMC don't (and certainly didn't at the time of the first series of the Walking Dead) have much of an international presence in terms of their own channels. 

As a result, they sold the international rights (everything outside the USA and Canada) for the Walking Dead series to Fox international. 

As a result, there is little to no prospect of seeing the Walking Dead on the UK AMC channel

0 Ratings
dfel100
Aspiring Expert
Message 227 of 393

I am beginning to think I do not exist! 😥I have not received an email about this, or the software update!!

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 228 of 393

Don't worry I don't exist with you...no email or software update here either!

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 229 of 393

There's a difference between not existing and being unimportant to a corporate behemoth 😉

0 Ratings
simonh67
Beginner
Message 230 of 393

@olgitnorm wrote:

Don't worry I don't exist with you...no email or software update here either!

Same here!

0 Ratings