Message 231 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

Same
0 Ratings
Paulsky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 232 of 393

I believe they must allow you to leave all 3 services, phone, broadband and tv. If you want tv from BT then you MUST take broadband and phone. If, as what's happened, they're allowing you to leave the tv subscription early then perhaps, why would you want the other 2? Remember you HAD to take them to get the tv!!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 233 of 393

That's a very good point, although personally i would want to keep the phone and broadband, very happy with that.
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 234 of 393

I know I could get broadband and telephone cheaper elsewhere BUT what I have works very well and I want to keep my email address. I have no issues with BT I am just sad the TV service has not been what it should have been.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 235 of 393

Same I don't want to really switch my broadband either as not had issues and some providers don't offer the same speeds.
0 Ratings
toddcb
Beginner
Message 236 of 393

Dissapointed that the tv offering has not already grew bigger and with the news about the loss of a premium channel, I think is a big blow for BT and customers who have left sky etc because they were too expensive. Think il go back to sky for the tv but will keep the fibre, phone and 2 mobiles with BT as im happy enough with those the way they are. I dont know about anyone else but ive found the only two advantages to the tv over sky being the price and netflix as well as other apps, on demand etc being available on the same box but the disatvantages being issues which are restricting ones such as a maximum of one extra box, sky movies and sports not allowed if you have an extra box, the way channels are laid out in the guide and also lack of the premium channels?

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 237 of 393

@Paulsky wrote:
I believe they must allow you to leave all 3 services, phone, broadband and tv. If you want tv from BT then you MUST take broadband and phone. If, as what's happened, they're allowing you to leave the tv subscription early then perhaps, why would you want the other 2? Remember you HAD to take them to get the tv!!!!!!!

I doubt that very much. I would assume that they would let you cancel the TV element of your contract but not the BB or phone line as nothing has changed with them.

0 Ratings
ScoobyDoo555
Beginner
Message 238 of 393

There's another option:

Use the NowTV app to get Fox HD.

Working it out, it's £4 per month (doing the 6-month prepay option)

Even with this, it's cheaper than Sky.......

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 239 of 393

As far as I recall the Now TV app on YouView only gives you movies

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 240 of 393

Indeed, the NowTV app on YouView does only allow access to Sky Movies.  You'll need another device to access the entertainment channels. 

You'll also be unable to record, live pause or rewind the live channels and only a selection of its programming is available to view on demand.

Having said all of that, it might be the option I plump for as I have a PS3 knocking around which you can get the NowTV app on, plus it'll allow me to view movies in 720p rather than SD which the YouView app is restricted to. 

0 Ratings