cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedtrip
Expert
Message 261 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

I just phoned 0800 032 4624 - only offered me an 'ex gratia' apology of £20  ... tried to have a sensible discussion about why the monthly Sub wouldnt be reduced - after all they recently put it up with no more added value, so now they detract value and wont decrease ?

The young chap was frankly unintelligible ! Gave up and took the money ...

0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 262 of 393

A £20 bung might reflect the cost of purchasing the Walking Dead from the BT Store, but the loss of Fox is not just about one show, as important as that show may be.  To (mis)quote BT, there's the loss of all the other latest and greatest US dramas and the decrease in the number of HD channels which were woefully lacking on BT to start with. 

I don't know if BT customers are being specifically targeted (how would they know to start with) , but I coincidentally(?) received a letter from a big alternative provider asking me to come back for 50% off for 12 months. It even uses an image of the Walking Dead and the Fox logo in one of the promo shots in the leaflet. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 263 of 393

@speedtrip wrote:

I just phoned 0800 032 4624 - only offered me an 'ex gratia' apology of £20  ... tried to have a sensible discussion about why the monthly Sub wouldnt be reduced - after all they recently put it up with no more added value, so now they detract value and wont decrease ?

Did you have to commit to another 12 months or was it just a one-off payment to keep you as a customer?

Still no email for me from BT and I do watch Fox/FoxHD...

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 264 of 393

The first one I spoke to said they had recently been briefed to just offer £20 off, and I would have to pay exit costs to leave my contract early.
The second one I spoke to offered the £20, when I said no he then offered me £3.50 off my entertainment Max package, I then got all the sales stuff about what else they had, when I made it quite clear that all I wanted was to cancel, he put it through no problem.
They clearly can't organise a P up in a brewery, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.
0 Ratings
moonie2014
Aspiring Expert
Message 265 of 393

I called back for the 3rd time today!!!! Guy still didnt have a clue what i was on about and went and spoke his manager said i wasnt allowed to cancel. Come back and offered me £20 off or a cancel contract. I took the 20 quid off .

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 266 of 393

Libby Barr
Managing Director, Customer Care
If you want to leave your BT TV contract because of this, and you’re within your minimum contract period, you’ll need to call us on 0800 032 4624 within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving your BT TV contract early.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 267 of 393

The other provider is constantly doing promotions, and if you were previous customer you will get those mailshots. A lot of the good new shows come out on Fox, Atlantic and Sky Living of which only Fox was on BT for it now to disappear.

If people interested in watching them channels they better of looking elsewhere.
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 268 of 393

@Telecom89 wrote:

@speedtrip wrote:

Did you have to commit to another 12 months or was it just a one-off payment to keep you as a customer?

Still no email for me from BT and I do watch Fox/FoxHD...

I didnt have an email, just phoned based on previous posts here .... didnt have to commit to owt, the payment was simply described as an 'ex gratia' apology that Fox was being withdrawn  ... I dont intend to cancel, but will push again to try & get my 2014 Essentials plus HD extra package sub reduced - whoops, there goes another flying pig ....
0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 269 of 393

Wow. Absolutely breathtaking levels of either incompetence or purposeful deceit during my call to BT. 

I was first of all told that I was wrong,  and I had no right to cancel without penalty. I read out word for word what was in the email and he was still adamant on this point until I asked him to check. He went away and spoke to his 'supervisor' and he then confirmed that I was right that I could cancel without penalty. 

However,  he told me that Fox was not really ending on BT, but that *everything* would now be available on demand instead. I advised him that I understood that the Walking Dead would be available on demand but that a charge would be payable for this. He told me I was absolutely wrong, and that *everything* would be available on demand at no extra cost

Again, I asked him to check this point and he reconfirmed this with me and that this had only very recently changed. 

No offer of £20 or any reduction in monthly payments. 

I'm flabbergasted. 

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 270 of 393

I think he was talking pants

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings