cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 271 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

They really are clueless, maybe they are hoping enough people will believe they can't cancel and stay. None of this nonsense when I left sky, will use now TV and Amazon for my TV now.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 272 of 393

Shame customers have to put up with this nonsense from BT, but that's what usually happens that staff do not know about the changes to services or new contracts as most of the time the customer knows first. This happens with a lot of companies.
0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 273 of 393

There's not knowing which is one thing (still not good enough when that's kinda your job, but we'll let that slide) and being downright deceitful - to actually conjure up a story that everything was going on demand at no cost is a whole new level.

Unless of course everything we've heard so far is wrong and he's right, and then I owe him a massive apology.

I'll hold off buying the card and flowers for now.
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 274 of 393

There is no excuse, when they sent that email out with that number, everyone on the other end of the phone should have had the correct info. The fact that different people are saying different things is amateur hour stuff, and very unprofessional.
0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 275 of 393

Everyone on the other end of the phone know fine well that you can cancel. Why do you think BT gave a specific number on email for everyone to call and it's a uk call centre. These people are trained to try every trick in the book to stop you from cancelling.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 276 of 393

I'm not defending BT but as said the staff on the end of the phone may not have been told and depending on who they ask may get different answers. I've seen these far too often in companies.
0 Ratings
ricbro
Aspiring Contributor
Message 277 of 393

I signed up in November on the triple deal (Broadband, TV, CALLS) on a 12 month contract.

I've just received the email about the Fox channels, I'm thinking of canceling the tv side of things because of this.

Would I have to send the youview box back? (it's the UHD one) and would I have to pay postage?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 278 of 393

You don't pay any postage they will send you a pre paid bag to send the box back, would imagine they would want it back as you haven't had it 12 months.
0 Ratings
hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 279 of 393

I have not had any communication from BT regarding the ending of Fox on BT TV.

Poor very very poor, happy to extract money from customers and once they have done this nothing no communication they just hope they will get away with keeping quiet and hoping no one notices.

0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 280 of 393

If you think not having communicating with them is a problem steel yourself for the telephone conversation you'll inevitably have afterwards.
0 Ratings