cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 301 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

I was told when I rang the £20 they were offering was to offset the cost of purchasing the walking dead.
I too have gone to where I know what I am getting and how much it is costing.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 302 of 393

I've seen the new prices, basic entertainment £2.50 middle one £10 then the ultra HD £13
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 303 of 393

Source please 😄

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
trypanosomiasis
Contributor
Message 304 of 393

@Keith75 wrote:
I was told when I rang the £20 they were offering was to offset the cost of purchasing the walking dead.
I too have gone to where I know what I am getting and how much it is costing.

You did better than I did - I called 3 times and was never offered the £20, but simply told it wouldn't cost me anything to watch Fox on demand. 

This is exactly what I'm taking about - inconsistency and uncertainty abound. 

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 305 of 393

I know what you mean, first time I called I was told I couldn't even cancel.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 306 of 393

@jam2000 wrote:
I've seen the new prices, basic entertainment £2.50 middle one £10 then the ultra HD £13

Where have you seen these prices?

For example quoting special discounted offers that apply only to new BT TV customers and only for the first 12 months doesn't help existing BT TV customers.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 307 of 393

The current BT TV packages standard prices are on page 76 of the tariff guide.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 308 of 393

I see BT are charging more for loyal customers. So if you were on entertainment max before 24th July (like myself) last year you get charged £16pm and anyone after 24th July is only £15pm.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 309 of 393

@davgille7 wrote:

I see BT are charging more for loyal customers. So if you were on entertainment max before 24th July (like myself) last year you get charged £16pm and anyone after 24th July is only £15pm.

I think that is a reflection of the last set of price rises that were applied from Sep 20th 2015.

There was an earlier cut off date for whether those rises applied to you or not as they have to give affected customers the necessary advance notice period and give them the chance to cancel.

So I think any contract started before 24th July got the price rise applied.

Any contract / re-contract from July 24th is at the current standard rate. They will get hit with the next price rise though.

This model applies to all the BT products. You sign up at a certain full price (hopefully with an additional discount for a set period) but eventually percentage price rises start being applied each year to your full price. The bills show this change.

If you re-contract your bills should show it reset to the current new contract full price (hopefully plus a new discount) as that is what the new contract is usually for.

0 Ratings
GeneralPostoffice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 310 of 393

One thing I think that BT could do is get a Youtube viewer on their box and offer Youtube Red to replace Fox, when it launches (which is supposed to be soon).  I know Youview and Youtube had differences but I'm sure BT could cut an exclusive deal for just their hardware.

I actually find that Youtube makes up most of my streaming watching these days - there's so much interesting free stuff on it even as it stands.  The Red service supposedly supplies premium content as well as no ads ... it would be a real coup for BT and it would fit in with the ethos of moving to on-demand streaming.

For sure, losing Fox is a blow from the point of view of providing a channel package but the market is moving more and more towards on-demand streaming and away from buying bundles of broadcast channels.  Sky are feeling the pressure and I'm sure that getting Fox off of BT is just part of trying to make their NowTV more attractive to viewers and in getting people used to streaming stuff from Sky.  Ultimately though, I feel that on-demand (as opposed to 'broadcasting a channel') streaming will be the way forward and I think Sky know it too.

0 Ratings