cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 311 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

Yes im same as you davgille. Been on the entertainment max since before 24th July last year and was now getting charged £16 a month.

I renewed my contracts just under a month ago and im now paying £12.50 a month for entertanment max for next 12 months.

Over the last 5 days I have been getting minor problems with my Infinitry and and BT helpdesk has only been 90% helpfull in sorting out my problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 312 of 393

Hi all, i was able to cancel my contract with no cost to the account. I originally set the date to end of month but chose to cancel on Tuesday.
I have moved to an alternative provider and although there is gossip about fox being completely removed, I will recieve more channels than what I have with BT.
shame BT could not have other channels that other providers via youview are able to supply.
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 313 of 393

Yet that other supplier cannot supply any HD channels though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 314 of 393

The removal of Fox is a desperate move by Sky but one that will probably hurt BT's TV business.

A NOW TV Entertainment pass will cost £6.99 per month and Sky are offering free broadband (not fibre) for a year as well at the moment. I think a few people might be tempted by this.

Personally, I think the days of buying a TV package from a single provider are numbered. The trend towards cord cutting that is being seen in the USA will eventually start to accelerate in the UK. Content is key. People are waking up to the fact that they are paying a fortune for stuff that they don't want to watch. The content providers can sell direct to consumers who can then stream over the internet. Sky know this.

Freeview/Freesat with Chromecast, BT Sport Pack, Eurosport Player and Amazon Prime costs £16.50 per month (plus TV licence fee of course) and is a decent amount of good entertainment. BT Infinity Fibre is brilliant and gives you everything you need to go down this route.

Most of the permium channels are rubbish with endless repeats. BT should just concentrate on BT Sport and spend time on improving its fibre broadband and getting more apps onto Youview.

Add Amazon Prime, Eurosport Player, BT Sport and Youtube apps to Youview and you have a great product that will do a lot of damage to Sky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 315 of 393

Youview also could do with TalkTalkTV, Google Movies. Vevo.

As for BT Sport on Sky, BT should any contracts where they are giving a discount.

I also not think Sky have anything to worry about, their new Sky Q is far superior to BT TV (and even more when they start broadcasting UHD) but at the moment is too expensive for most users, unless u definitely want the latest tech.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 316 of 393

We dont know how good it is yet as no one has it yet, so I dont see how anyone can comment on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 317 of 393

@walkerx wrote:
Youview also could do with TalkTalkTV, Google Movies. Vevo.

As for BT Sport on Sky, BT should any contracts where they are giving a discount.

I also not think Sky have anything to worry about, their new Sky Q is far superior to BT TV (and even more when they start broadcasting UHD) but at the moment is too expensive for most users, unless u definitely want the latest tech.

As a Sky user with BT BB I'd likely go to Sky BB if BT "ended the discount for BT Sport". While I wouldn't want to change the deal I'd probably get with Sky would mitigate,  to some extent, the increase in BT Sport costs. I suspect others may feel the same

It's something BT would have to think carefully about

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 318 of 393

We have seen the promo's and the specifications of sky Q, so unless it doesn't do what it says it does it is far superior to anything BT has. The cost of course is another thing altogether.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 319 of 393

I thought this was about fox on, or rather not on BT, if you want to discuss sky why not post on their forums?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 320 of 393

Comparing an £88 a month service to a £15 one is perverse: 

0 Ratings